Anyone else feel more sympathy for the 'Cons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starwave, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I didn't feel touched, phased, or anything when Ironhide or Q/Wheeljack died.... They lacked development for me to even care. I felt sorry for Megatron and Sentinel. All Sentinel wanted to do is restore Cybertron to it's former glory, and Megatron wanted a truce, AFTER he saved Optimus' ass. Instead, Optimus brutally killed both of them.

2. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

No. Instead of simply using Earth's resources to restore Cybertron, Sentinel and Megatron decide to not only enslave the human race, but also to exterminate a lot of us for no reason, along with having zero intention of ever letting the Autobot "Rebels" simply just leave Earth.

1. Megatron's idea of a truce is that he would be in charge and this planet was is. Not much of a truce, really.

2. Megatron was not at all concerned with saving Optimus. Megatron made a severe mistake. He really should have let Sentinel finish Optimus before running in and attacking Sentinel. I guess that's what a massive head wound does to ya.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Sentinel was a Well Intentioned Extremist, you can feel a bit of a sympathy for him, but he's like Davy Jones: He has a softer side, but he still is a psychotic monster who will probably kill us all and won't give a damn to anything in his path.

I felt sorry for Sentinel, but it was more to see how twisted he had become, what the war caused to a Great Prime.

I also felt kind of sorry for Megs when he looked at the sky, smiling with joy as he saw Cybertron, but like Davy Jones, he's a monster with a softer side and THAT'S IT. he still deserves death, he still is a Monster, after all.

4. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

No, Megatron and Sentinel got exactly what they both deserved after the shit they pulled. Megatron was always an asshole and Sentinel crossed the line when he killed Ironhide and planned to put the entire human race into slavery.

It was extremely satisfying when Prime offed them both.

5. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If sympathy, it's only because Bay gave them insulting deaths.

6. shockwave2005

Exactly. While Sentinel cares about his home, he cares nothing for the homes of others. The war broke him, and Optimus probably did the best thing he could have done for him - put the poor bastard out of his misery.

Optimus cares greatly for Cybertron too, but he knows that to plunder one world for the survival of his is wrong.

7. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Shockwave. He got his eye and throat/spine ripped out and he didn't even commit murder.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Megatron basically said "i saved your life, so you owe me. I'll take the planet" or at least thats how i saw it.

9. shockwave2005

:lol 

You are being funny, right?

He was an armed enemy in a time of war. That's what he gets.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Attempting to save your species and your home planet, what total git bastards.

11. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

NO, that is what happens when autobots bribe the writers for the movies.

12. shockwave2005

LOL Autobot conspiracy

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel sympathy for them because in every TF Movie they outnumber the Autobots, and they always lose.

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Atemtping to save your species at the cost of another....

15. Barricade_

Barricade_ Decepticon Extroidinair

Autobots (General Motors) gets a Government bailout with shiney new parts.

Decepticons get nothing but the crappy Serengeti plains. They dont even get a auto sponsorship.
    No Target or whatever backing them up.

I felt sorry for the Decepticons from the get go. Then to make them stupid and inferior... yet the audience cheers when they get smashed?? WTF!!?

Yeah....I feel allot of sympathy for them.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The only reason we're symapthizing with the Decepticons because they die the most anti-climatic deaths and have little charecterization.

Seriously out of all the Decepticons only 3 or 4 of them speak English, have monsterous designs and little personality.

But on the other hand they want to enslave our race.......But then again it's a movie and its not really happening.

17. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I only felt sad during Starscreams death scene, just seeing him flailing about in pain and screaming about his eyes was kind of....urm....upsetting...not really sure what the right word is

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No.

Watching him die in Transformers Armada was sad, watching him die in Animated was sad, hell watching him die after 10 seconds of being coronated as Decepticon Leader in the 86' Movie was sad.

Bayformers Starscream sucked aside from being voiced by Charlie Adler.

19. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Oh...well..I felt sad watching it, must just be me. Oh gee remembering how much I bawled my eyes out watching Armarda when I was about 8, bad times

20. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

I don't care about the Autobots, I especially don't care about people dressed in Red, White & Blue telling me Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. Those people are sure to be propagandist defining freedom, right & being to suit their best interests.
    The death of Iron Hide was easily one of the best scenes in TF history only eclipsed by my all time favorite shuttle scene in TFTM.

In time movie OP will realize humans are far worse then any Decepticon he’ll proudly don the Decepticon symbol once more and say his most iconic one-liner to date: I’ll kill them all!

Bay did us all a huge favor, he blatantly portrayed the Autobot hypocrisy for the entire world to see.

Decepticons Forever!