Anyone else ever done something like this...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megabattimus, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    ...where you've watched a TF show the first time and absolutely hated it. But, then you've gone back and actually enjoyed it.

I've actually done it twice. The first time was with TFA when it was first airing. I hated it when I watched it the first time, but as it went on, I grew to like it. It wasn't until I watched it a second time last year, the whole way through, that I grew to really love it and it became my second favourite TF show.

The second time was with BM. When watched that the first time after I watched BW, I really despised it. It wasn't until recently, when I watched it again, that I grew to appreciate and like it.

So, has anyone else done something like this?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have and TFA and RID were the shows. I think for TFA the episode I saw and disliked were season 1 episodes but i tried again in season 2 and loved it.

For RID , i was not a big fan during its initial run on TV being a big BW and G1 Fan and i think Optimus prime being a fire truck turned me off . but when i watched it again later i was hooked.

3. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Does it count if you hated the show as a kid but rewatched it as an adult and liked it? 'Cause I did that with G1. Never enjoyed it as a kid, but I went back and rewatched it after the movies sucked me into the fandom and now I adore it. <3

4. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    TFA was that way for me. I did not really watch all that much of it when it was new cause I did not give it a chance and some of the animation was in a newer style for me to watch. After it had ended the run and started reruns I caught all of it and I must say I wish I had watched it when it was new.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Machines and Masterforce. I wouldn't say I LOVED them, but I did enjoy them the seccond time around whereas the first time, I didn't.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Only with TFA.

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

TFA had a really crappy first season that had way too many human villains. TFA seasons 2 and 3 were simply amazing in my opinion. Me and my brother didn't like it that much at first, but I stuck with it and I was rewarded. He gave up on it and he missed out.

8. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

tfa

9. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oddly I would see BW in passing and think meh but BM hooked me in. At first I thought it was terrible. Decepticons reduced to drones, an insane old dictator and Rhinox. For some reason though a second viewing drew me in and, like a soap opera, I had to know what happened the next week.

10. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly, no. I was hoping this would be the case with me and Animated, but after four seperate viewings, I still just can't get into it, which is a bit of a shame given how well regarded it is by the fandom.

Closest I've ever come is probably Rescue Bots, where as thought it was just ok after the first episode, but loved it by the end of the second.