Anyone else agree

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MrSoundwaveGuy, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I admit that while the first Transformer movie was good it had some serious problems. After reading stuff about ROTF, I have to say this movie sounds terruble! Having 10 Tfs on each side? Are you serious? There only 13 characters in the first film and barely 3 of them were fleshed out, what would give you the idea too add so many characters? Some of the things I've read about Arcee being combined from 3 vehicles and Prime combining with Jetfire, just sound stupid! I could let it pass in A/E/C but in a live action movie!? Thanks god the dinobots aren't in it. Many of the designs of the new Tfs just look so plain and unimaginitive, even the Fallen unfortunately. I really don't have high hopes for this movie

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    :horse: 

Nothing new here.. move along.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I disagree. Yeah there are going to be more bots, but they are going to be more of them getting characterization. I also think that the designs are nice and detailed. Not saying the first movie was perfect, or that this one will, just that I think I'll enjoy it at least as much as I did the first one. I also have no issues with Arcee turning into three bikes, or Optimus and Jetfire combining. To put it simply, I'm looking forward to this movie. To put it even more simply:

:bay :bay :bay :bay :bay :bay 

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Next time I'll be sure there aren't already ten threads exactly like mine

5. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    :spam 

6. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

lol

7. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Where did you hear about there being 20 Transformers in the movie?

Nothing was said about there being 10 on each side.

The robot designs are not much different from the first film. Remember this is a 200 million dollar blockbuster, not a 1980's cartoon.

And about the combining issue, There is nothing that is confirmed that Arcee will be the 3 motorcycles, for all we know it could be Arcee, Elita-1 and another Fem-bot. (Prime and Jetfire combining doesn't bother me much.)

8. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    !WARNING RANT COMMENCING! I really cant stand guys like these who come to these boards so they can just bash everything the board is about honestly man find something better to do than bash everything that this movie is about. read a book or something that can expand your inteligence just a little and stop bashing rotf !rant over!

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ummm...he isn't bashing anything, let alone the boards and/or the movie. He's just posting his opinions about the first movie and what we know of the second one. I do disagree with him, but I don't see any problem with him voicing his opinions. It's not like he's making fun of those who do like the first movie and do like what we know about the second one. If he was doing that, then I would have a problem with it.

10. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

*Cough*

We do seem to have had rather a lot of "don't you think the 1st movie was a bit shit" type threads of late.

It is rather tedious, and that's coming from someone who didn't even like it very much himself.

However...

May I suggest that you might try calming down and perhaps reading this improving book.

I think it may contain some notes on expressing oneself and might improve your own 'inteligence'...

11. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

This thread is terrubly overdone.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry, I just had to :D 

13. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

:trolls: 

Oh Mr. Moderator !!! :locked2: 

14. ultrageek

ultrageek Member

How do you know for sure some of the things you've read about are true?

15. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

this

:horse:  :horse:  :horse: 

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    IN BEFORE LOCK!

:spam  Spam lol

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I know I'm Mr. Negative, but I'll have to disagree on some point at least until the film comes out.

I don't think the problem was so much that we had too many bots it was that we didn't have enough time with the bots to know much about them. Wasn't really helped by the suits wanting the Decepticons just to be monsters and not characters. If the second film really does have more bot time then there is at least some thin hope that it's not just all blam, bang, boom, but a bit of character time thrown in as well.

I've seen the writers other work and I know they have some skill. Given the feedback they got I just can't see them at least not attempting to top what they did before. With lack of character being a common fuss about the first film I've got to hope that's one of the things they went in to fix.

While the look will be the same I still expect ILM with the bigger budget to be able to give us some cleaner shots. Maybe even fixing it so the action is bit easier to follow now that they will not need as many short cuts.

Bay, okay you got me there I've no faith in the guy at all. The Bay films I've seen all seem too much alike for me even hold any likely chance that he might dare to change even the slightest bit.

Of course I've got my expectations set on zero just in case. With expectations at the bottom the movie has no were to go but up.

18. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Sorry, I can't agree. :)  I thought the first movie was perfect, and I have high hopes for the next.

19. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Yay! Where were you for the threads where people gushed over the 2nd movie images? Yay for double standards and bgrngod!

RavenXL - we need your powers of liking any and everything related to the TF movie to fight this naysayer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.