anyone dragging their non transformer fan friends with them to the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by flamingunicron, May 31, 2007.

1. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Currently i've convinced about 7 of my friends to go see it with me opening day. One of them wholehearted wants to see it. Another is a robot fan. The rest are moderatly interested or a close friend that im making go. Anyone else have luck convincing their non transformer fan friends to go?

2. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

None of my friends want to see it. They're just not interested for some reason. :( 

3. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Well, I teach at a school and have overhead everyone talking about showing for the movie. When 300 came out, we had an entire class of 20 students go at once. And they met up with other classes. I would say there were around 60 of them or so from a few of the night classes. It will be the same with Transformers or better because there seems to be higher anticipation for this movie than 300 at our school. I will just happen to be there at the same time as everyone else. LOL

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    youd better believe it. i even have the gf coaxed into going. she's coming when i see it the second time on opening day. the midnight show, however, im bringing a bunch of my buddies, all of whom respect transformers, but arent nerdy like me.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If there's a midnight showing, I'm going alone or with a group...but if I can finagle a few friends into going, even better. My parents are definitely going with me the afternoon of the 4th though. We usually go to a movie on the 4th of July anyway as a family tradition...this year I told them what we were going to see a few months in advance;) 

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've convinced all my teachers and most of my class mates to see it. Everyone I've shown the trailer to want's to see it!

My mom, my sister and her boyfreind all want to see it too.

7. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Yup. Before the trailers, everyone rolled their eyes and were like ... "what do you see in the Transformers, I don't get it." .. or "Gosh you really are a grown up geek huh?"

Now, everyone is excited to see it. I would say that 90% of the people at the school are non-fans or and embarrassed to say they are. Now, all fans. I can't wait!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was never that way for me. Everyone at school remember the Transformers and loved the idea of a live action film. There's like 3 transfans in total at my school too.

9. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Thats what im saying. Transfans at my school, and im betting most schools, are an EXTREMELY low number. Now, everyone loves the idea of the movie and talk/trade new information all the time. This is great!

10. Whitey

Whitey The Angry White One

I have talked many people into seeing the movie (with the support of the trailers and tv spots), I could probably drag most of them to see it with me, but I've only invited two people, one of which was a huge suprise. Two is enough.

11. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Seeing it and having a kegger afterwards, despite the Decepticons looking like insects.

12. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

If anyone from Arizona is going to see it at Arizona mills, we can all meet up.

13. Skyfire21

Skyfire21 A Challenger Approaches!

Ebay:
    I'm taking the wife along, who's a very mild fan, she tries to watch it with me but i can tell she doesnt want to, but i've shown her the trailers, and she's pretty excited.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm getting 4-5 friends to go on the 4th.

2 know some stuff about transformers, but mostly energon (they wondered why the hell I was getting so excited about movie ironhide...:lol )

1-2 just want to go because its a movie (ZOMG A MOVIE LETS ROLL)

and the last d00d seriously wants to go see it, and I'm trying to convince him to join the boards. He knows nothing about TFs, and his main hobby is lego films...

15. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

My friends say i'm a complete nerd but i've convinced alot of them to go and see it on the midnight show with me.

16. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there is a midnight show around me I'll go to that. I have a couple of friends that would like to see it and I'll probably round them up for a show later. One of which has no real intrest in Transformers but loved the trailer when I played it for her.

I have played trailer #4 for a couple of people who were not aware that it was live action. But are now looking forward to seeing it since it isn't a cartoon and looks "bad ass".

17. SDL

SDL Well-Known Member

I've managed to get my brother to join me when i see it and i might be able to get two other people to join us.

Basicly a local Cinema has a disabled rate where i pay full price for myself and i get a 'carer' in for free (Though i don't need one). As the Simpsons is being released the same day here I'm going to pay for myself ot see TF with him as the 'carer' and he pay for me for Simpsons.

Hopefully the two other guys will join us for both movies

18. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My mom said she wants to go with me, after she saw some clips on some show she watches :p 

19. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

i've conned all of my trans-minions to see it

20. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Yes, my wife.