Anyone created interesting fiction here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there anyone here who's made some original stories not relating to any kind of fiction that already exists? I'm talking about people who're writing books or drafting a TV show. I've got a story that I've had in my head for about four years but it's too long to explain in this post.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was just working on one of my books about an hour ago. I've already written one on something else, this is my second currently racking up about 255 pages, and the sequel to finish it off is in the planning stages. Then I've got another book just started and there's always something kicking about my notes to do once I've got the current ones out of the way. I should stick to doing just one book at a time but I find it stimulating to hop from writing one of my books to another and back. Plus it means I'll hopefully have two or more finished at the same time.

However I won't be giving out any information about about concepts or story. Not sure how many people really serious about crafting their own original universes would be willing to divulge all on a public site like this.

3. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

My friend and I created a whole Sci-fi universe during 6th grade, and I've been trying for a few years to revisit the idea and write a series on it. A lot like OP, it's too much to fit into one post. But it follows 3 protagonists, each of them with different struggles they need to overcome.

4. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Last year, a few friends of mine (who were obsessed with future history fiction like Red Dawn) asked me to write a fanfic sequel to the videogame Homefront for a manga series they were planning to start on. So far, we have planned seven different books, each containing six to seven chapters.

It would have focused on the use of futuristic new weapons. One, an Exosuit, very similar to the Iron Man suit, but they could also transform into human-sized high-speed vehicles (ATVs and Tiltrotors) without breaking any of our bones.
    Two, after the main character gets his arm cut off, he gets prosthetic arms that double as guns Terminator 3 style (shotguns, .50 cals, automatic rifles, rail guns)

We also took several cues from TV, so some references to other shows appears. for example, after reading my idea for the Exos, my manga/anime crazed artist friends asked me if i watched Code Geass and based my Exos on the Knightmares. My response: WTF is Code Geese? So i made that a little joke in the story. Agent Fowler of TF: P also appears for a minute with the DNGS.

The first chapter takes place five years after the Homefront war ended and the Nor. K. army were forced out by the EU and Resistance armies. after a former SEAL loses his arm and an eye in an attempt by unknown forces to use the revolutionary DNGS energy generator to contaminate the entire western seaboard, he is given the chance to search and destroy the enemy. after stubbornly refusing, an attempt on his life forces him to literally arm up and take the fight to the enemy.

Sadly, our project could not come to fruition because all the key artists of our group had moved away for college already.

5. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Fiction, yes. Interesting, depends on your definition.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Well sure! I love making up whole new worlds to make stories about! It's one of the best things of an imagination :) 

7. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i did in 06 but no longer have it

8. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I'm working on two novels and one screenplay. Keep in mind I've never had anything more than a newspaper article published.

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I've got an idea for a 10 part series, and I'd be willing to send snippets and more details of it to anyone interested in giving me some ideas/critiquing me.

Basically, it's a tribute to all the silly superhero stories I came up with as a kid, except this time around they actually have personalities and coherent storylines! It focuses on a college student named Freddy (aka Voltage) and his struggle to give superpowered beings a good name once again after a massive superhero uprising/civil war. Over the course of the series, however, things don't go according to plan, as Freddy discovers the dark truth about how he got his powers in the first place....

10. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been working on publishing my own book series

11. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm not the only one? Yay.

12. nukedproducts

nukedproducts Built-in Tears!

I have a ton of different ideas for short stories (20-30 pgs). but I have a bigger project that I'm working on. It takes place in a dystopian earth setting after a civilian up-rise. Trust me, it's not a cliché as it sounds.

13. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I'm working on a modern take on dragons. Already have a film director needing MOAR...

14. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    I got like a superhero anthology series that I've just been forming and shaping since like 4th grade that I finally got into its final form. I'm only on the first story but I've been getting really good compliments on the dialogue.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm working on my ideal Transformers series.

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I make a web comic based on my own world(s) setting. Given my page views, I suspect it may not be very interesting, though.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For several years now, I've been kicking around some ideas for a trilogy of sci-fi/fantasy novels that life stuff (college, grad school, postdoc work, etc) has kept me from getting around to actually writing. On the plus side, it's given me time to build a deeper "world" for the series and develop the characters' personalities more. On the negative side, those adjustments have made the original plot of the first book unworkable, so I'm struggling to come up with a new story to introduce the characters and do the world-building I need to have in place for parts two and three. I've also realized that it'll be too difficult for the story to take place in "our" world, which means the world-building is going to be more extensive than I'd anticipated and require more thought and planning.

18. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I'm working on both Sci-fi and fantasy universes that take "inspiration" from other works of fiction. I'm not really concerning myself with the actual stories right now, but rather I'm focusing on visualizing what these universes would look like. I don't expect either to be particularly famous or successful in the future, but I'd like to see my imagination come to life in some form or another, whether it be by my own work (preferably) or through the works of others

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oooh, me too! :D 

I do love making up how a Meta-version of Transformers is like :D 

20. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Yeah! I love doing that, except I suck at it. I'm a great writer, I just can't write robots.

I have a few ideas brewing, I might work on something if I can find the motivation.