anyone collect 1/18 scale cars?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I'm really thinking about getting some of these, specifically ferraris. a buddy of mine has a sweet collection, and I drool over them everytime I'm at his apt. I was wondering if there's any real difference in some of the major brands that you see out there, like hot wheels, bburago, maisto, and auto art. also, are there any good retail places to get them online where they have a great selection to combine shipping?

2. BOSSBOT

BOSSBOT Member

try www.project118.com you will have all your anwsers there in the forum section . It's a cool site for thoses who collect 1/18 die cast.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Not in my experience. Some may have a liiittle more all-around detail, but I have some of all the ones you mentioned there plus a couple more and they all look fine together. Not every company makes every car, so you just get whatever brand makes a '66 Mustang for example.
    Hot Wheels has exclusive rights to Ferrari now though, I think, so if that's what you're mostly after. If you're into older cars, I recommend the '60 250 GT California, which was apparently rereleased recently, as I got one a few years ago in an older style box. :thumbs2: 

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

They're all pretty good. I've got an Auto Art Mustang Super Stallion. The detail is very impressive. I've also got a few Maisto Ferraris. I think Hot Wheels has the exclusive Ferrari license now though.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, I was looking at the autoart page and noticed that they didn't have any ferraris. I assumed that hot wheels must've gotten the exclusive. I'm actually bidding on a 62 gto by burago, and then realized hot wheels had one too. I'm hoping I don't win it, so that I can have all hot wheels ferraris. I'm kind of kicking myself now, because I'm sure within the past 10 years I've passed up these things on clearance in kaybees, and now I'm going to end up paying $10 shipping on the damn things. doh!