anyone buy the fansproject dia commander lately?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Mar 29, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi i know we talked about this way back, but i need some new later feedback on this item. i got in late on fp add ons, so im thinking about this dia commander from fansproject, anyone bought him lately? is he worth the big bucks? is the quality and repaint red/ blue worth the money? im debating on it because theres already 3 to 4 molds and color of him already. or should i just buy the 1st version reissue?

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would get the City Commander Re-issue first. It is amazing. I can't really comment on how great this one is as it has been sitting in my Pile of Loot for about 4 months. I would suggest looking at the feedback thread to see if it is your taste. The mold itself is great IMO, but I think this is probably the weakest colorscheme. I really wish my sellout cousin could have lined me up a TFCon release cause I am a whore for the mold and could really use them all.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I've already got the City Commander version and in time, I fully plan to pick up the DIA Powered and Shadow versions - really do love the mold and all the colour schemes.

The problem is the cost.

It's taken me long enough/cost enough to get hold of classics Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime, much less their add-on armour.

It will happen one day though...

4. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I have a DIA, original City Commander, Shadow and a reissue City Commander. Unlike mainstream reissues with their huge volume, these are all high quality with no noticeable mold degradation. I agree that the highest priority must be to acquire one of the City Commanders. I recommend the reissue because it has has the gun and launchers.

If your only choice is DIA then I say it IS worth the big bucks, especially if you also pick up the G3 Trailer (I really love that too).

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    have the tfcon version, if you like diaclone, it's an easy buy for sure

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends and how AR you are. If you do not have a Ultra Magnus and MUST match your Optimus to the Commander set then get the DIA else get the City Commander. Just be aware that it's a parts-former so it make a nicer display piece then a fiddle-and-play-with-all-the-time bot.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have him (I have Powered Commander and the two that preceded him as well). He's great!

Randy

9. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, when compared to the others, but I think that's due in part to the fact that;

A: Ultra Magnus is more well recognized by his armored appearance.
    B: Black Prime with Black Armor is typically hard to NOT find awesome-looking; hence the immediate Nemesis Commander popularity.
    C: Optimus Prime is better known for his basic appearance and adding the somewhat color-changing Commander armor throws that off a bit.

Granted, that didn't stop me from finding it awesome and buying it as soon as it was released. In response to OP: Grab it.

EDIT: Of course if the mold were to get a re-re-re-re-rerelease that gave it a more "Powermaster Prime" style color scheme I'd probably grab that too ^_^;

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    i debating on dia commander or shadow commander now. anyone know if shadow commander add on kit is still for sale anywhere? i think the black version looks very nice. the red/blue will grow on me a little at a time. hey maybe they will make a ghost version of this mold next? thats new right?

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Shaddow is impossible to find at a decent price now (other than the KO, which I think you asked about earlier). Only route is ebay for that badboy and he runs about $200 (atleast last time I checked). It is a great version, but again, I would go with City first and then DIA since he is pretty reasonably priced right now.

12. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    shadow commander is nice, but pricey now
    i got him back in sept for $130 [nem + armor]

13. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got all five. TFcon came with two left shoulder back tabs, but everything else is ok.

14. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

i passed on shadow and dia commander. for me, the armor only looks good on ultra magnus, as it was on the G1 toy and cartoons.

15. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    i sort of agree with this too. so the rest of the armor is base on a non existing character? except the 1st version correct?

16. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

hmm, as far as dia commander, he's based on diaclone (pre-tf) ultra magnus. as for shadow commander, i think they (fp) made it because hasbro decided to make a nemesis prime recolor from the classics prime/magnus mold. the armor was really just meant for ultra magnus, but fp decided to release other colors based on the different colors released by hasbro.

17. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    damn! that make sense now, i was hoping they were base on non tf characters, so that i wont have to buy them. but now know they are tf base characters im going to try to get at least for a start a dia commander. i do like his colors just as much as the 1st issue for magnus. the red makes him look sort of shogun style like. whats the cheapest place to get this add on? i dont want a ko for these fansproject things right now. just to not get anything to break apart later on down the road. then waste so much money. so i will buy originals for now. so for dia commander. whats a fair price for this thing? anything less than bbts price? 100.00 for an add on is still alot not even including the figure to make it work. so in the end the entire figure and add on will be like a 150.00 figure. its really getting expensive for toy collecting these days.

18. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Get it! I have all three. Dia is my least favorite out of the three but its still awesome! I love it! And its worht it.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have City Commander for my Magnus and Dia for my Prime. I used the faceplace from the CC upgrade kit on him so he looks more "Primey".

20. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ebay's got it on Buy It Now for $89.95 plus S&H $11.95. Basically that'll come to about $10 cheaper than BBTS (the pictures show the TFCon version, but the listing and box clearly state that it's the D.I.A.).

It is your call, but keep in mind that as expensive as it may be now, it's only going to go up in price as time goes on.

Unless by some slim chance BBTS puts it on clearance.