Anyone avoiding spoilers for the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by razorchrist, Apr 13, 2008.

1. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I definitely am. I might take a peek at some of the leaked concept art, but there's no way in hell that I'm watching any of the teaser clips this time. I remember that Bay said he wouldn't release any "money shots" before the first movie came out, but then that is exactly what happened. We got to see all 3 of Starscream's main transformations, Bonecrusher's only transformation, Prime's "Bay hero shot" transformation, Prime's highway chase transformation, and both of Blackout's transformations among others. Not only did we see too much, but we basically saw ALL of the "money shots" which ultimately took away from many surprises when actually watching the movie itself.

I don't even want to see the leaked concept art, but I think I have no choice if I want to know who is who since the Bayformer designs are so different from what we normally recognize the characters as. Save for Prime & Bumblebee, I had no idea who I was looking at when I first started seeing the leaked images. I'm guessing the sequel won't be any different.

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

No. Things can not be spoiled for me. It is the Journey and not the destination. If a story/movie/show is *ONLY* good because of the ending and the surprise, then the story cannot hold up on its own merits.

When Dumbledore dies was 'spoiled' it didn't ruin anything for me because the story and how he died was such a good story it really doesn't hurt anything.

On the flip side, everything my M. Night Shamalan is ruined because you watch it once and know the 'secret twist' and the whole story becomes almost unbearable. The story becomes boring, tedious and painful to enjoy.

One of the things I liked about TF:1 was we COULD know the rough plot and still enjoy the scenes... and watch it again and a gain and re-enjoy the scenes. I love Frenzy on Air-force 1. I know what is gonna happen but it is still cool to me.

So pretty much, nothing can spoil TF:2 for me so will enjoy the trickle of spoilers.

3. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

Ehh... I meant in terms of visuals... which I thought I made pretty clear with my post. You're talking about plots, storylines, etc. I'm merely talking about designs & transformation sequences.

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to, but that would mean refraining from buying any of the toys until after the movie.
    Which I can guarantee you isn't going to happen. Because at some point, I'll be drawn to the toy aisle in Wal-Mart, and see a "Movie Constructicon Devastator Giftset!" or "Soundwave vs. Ultra Magnus Battle Pack!" and then I'll be inclined to purchase them.
    I will try to avoid plot spoilers, though, but that will be equally difficult.

5. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

No spoilers would definitely mean no visiting this website.

I'm with the other crowd though. I don't care if I see the character designs prior to the movie or even if I know certain plot points. It's not going to take away from my amazement and enjoyment of this movie.

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I *REALLY* don't have a problem with seeing character designs before the movie. It is one of the primary draws of the commericals. Would yous ee Iron man never once seeing what he looks like? I don't see any bonus or marketing motivation for hiding what the TFs look like. This isn't cloverfield.

7. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think instead of spoilers, I think I just might avoid the sequel... :) 

SPOILER ALERT:

A lot of glass will be broken. A lot.

8. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    That would involve being blind, deaf, and Amish considering they showed all of the good scenes in tv commercials, talkshows, etc. before the movie came out.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Nope. I didnt for the first one and I was still amazed at how the movie surprised me compared to the leaked spoilers.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's completely unavoidable.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'll do my best to avoid the spoilers. I'd rather be disappointed at the theaters, and not in advance.

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I will try, but it's hard to say no. I never read the script for the first movie, and it was amazing to find out what was gonna happen in the theater.

13. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

Yeah I'm going to try as much as possible to avoid spoilers for the movie. I wasn't online when the last one was being made, so the only thing I saw were the commercials. If that means not going to tfw's front page then I'll just bookmark the forums so I don't see any news about it, then scroll down past the news section with out looking at the threads.

14. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'm kinda in the same boat after the 07 movie. I knew so much about the characters and the plot, it was like I was just watching the end product.

Not much surprised me then, and it kinda ruined some of the replay value for me.

However, I will read any kind of "chain" material like prequel novels or comics.. those are nice for the setup!

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, no, not really. Spoilers have never had a negative affect on me when it comes time to watch the actuall movie. Something about actually watching it on the big screen just puts all the previews and what not out of my mind, and makes for a nice pleasent movie experience. Yeah, I'm weird like that :D 

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'd have to say, I'll probably say that I'm done with spoilers, but the second that "3rd TV commercial, with an extra scene!" pops up, I'll be right there.

17. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Same here. You know to kind of contradict what I said, the most exciting thing about TF 1 was digging up all of the leaked pics and info and trailers that came out.

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

nope not at all

19. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Considering that false info will apparently be leaked, I'm willing to read everything and find out for myself which was true and which was not.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    QFT!!