anyone a transformers expert on here?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hulk23869, Jan 27, 2010.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

Hey, I know this may be long, but help would be appreciated.

Hey. I've been a huge fan of the beast wars/machines cartoons for years. I don't really care for any of the other transformers series. For the longest time I thought the beast wars/machines characters ended at the end of the show, but then there was the gathering and ascending but those comics didn't include our original beast wars heros and villians. I recently found out that some of these characters came back to life...

Optimus Primal. I thought he died with Megatron at the end of beast machines

Depth Charge. I thought he died with Rampage

Rhinox. I thought he died as Tankor.

Tigerhawk/Tigatron/Airazor. I thought they died at the end of Beast Wars by the Nemsis.

So where exactly did these characters come back to life? I'm assuming comics, but what were those comics called? Is the original Dinobot still alive too, or was his heroic death permanent in code of hero?

Basically, I want to own everything there is to own when it comes to beast wars and beast machines. I'm not into beast wars neo or beast wars 2 or any other transformers series. Im just really into optimus primal's teama and megatron's team. So can someone please tell me what I need to buy from ebay or whatever that relates to beast wars/machines continuity? What I have so far is the complete beast wars series and beast machines series on dvd and the gathering and ascending comics. What else do I need to get for the full story on my heroes and villians? Thanks for your help.

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

They came back during the con/ collectors club Universe comic book series. Optimus was back in his old BW Ultra body, but with reddish colors, Depth Charge being revived, Rhinox being pulled out of the Allspark by the Vok as some sort of trouble shooter, as well as Tigatron and Airazor.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Yeah, it's pretty much all explained in the old Universe comics.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    What's a "Transformer"?

:) 

5. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

so how many of those issues were created?? and what would it be caled? transformers universe?

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It was indeed Transformers Universe, published by 3H, the group that ran the OTFCC (Botcon) up until 2004. There were 3 or 4 issues.

Airrazor and Tigatron returned in Primeval Dawn, along with Tarantulas and Ravage "Tripredacus Agent". They were raised by the Vok because Tarantulas wasn't dead, instead he'd managed to enslave the two Vok from Tigerhawk and with the rest of the Beast Wars cast leaving Earth, he's putting the Tripredacus Council's plans into motion. Or something like that. One story was made, a Primeval Dawn II was forever in production but nothing ever came of it.

(side note, Ravage comes back a lot. He also got resurrected in IDW's Beast Wars: The Gathering and in the Binaltech timeline in the present day after his remains are found by archaeologists)

Rhinox's resurrection is mentioned in the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebooks. It's the explanation given for his Transmetal form. IIRC Tigatron and Airrazor's resurrection is also referenced in these books.

Optimus Primal and Depth Charge were resurrected in Transformers Universe, sort of. The story involved Unicron abducting Transformers from all different time periods to fight for him, so he might feed off their aggression. Optimus Primal was summoned by Primus and Alpha Trion to lead the "Children of Primus" against Unicron. He decided to bring Depth Charge back to help him. The comic series was never finished, but a one panel flashback in the Fun Pub comic's Cybertron arc suggests that after Unicron vanished in that timeline (drawn into the black hole in Cybertron) everyone went back to their proper place and time. For Primal and Depth Charge, though...

You might also want to check out The Wreckers, also by 3H, set in the Beast Machines continuity and fitting together eventually with a lot of different convention stories. Though to get the whole story, you will need to hunt down the handful of issues published, and then read the finale which was released as a text story by the current Transformers Collectors Club. That's the only story they have resolved that way - Universe seems to be destined to be forever unfinished.

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Depends on your point of view, some people accept that the Beast era ended at the end of Beast Machines and anything else is fan fiction, albeit Hasbro endorsed fan fiction. Personally, that's my stance. Not to belittle the work of people who have worked on Beast characters since the end of the series, some of whom I consider friends, but if it's not overseen by Larry Ditillio / Bob Forward or Marv Wolfman and animated by Mainframe then it's not true BEast era.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

If I understand correctly and you're saying that those characters came back to life in The Gathering/Ascending, then that's not quite right. Those two comic series are set during the original cartoon, somewhere in the third season I think (as Depth Charge indicates). I may be mistaken on what you actually said, sometimes the interwebs is hard to read.

That said, if you don't have the cash for the comics and/or the time to get them, I humbly request http://www.tfwiki.net for all your TF-related questions. That thing answers questions you never knew you had!

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    "Transformers Legends" has two stories that kinda fit into the Beast Wars continuity:

Transformers Legends - Transformers Wiki

But the book is unfortunately out of print, so good luck finding a copy that isn't jacked like 5x over the original cover price.