Anybody with Capcom vs SNK 2 and a PS3?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

Jun 28, 2002
    News Credits:
    Now that the MGS4 thing's kinda died down for me, I decided to pop in a few of my PS2 games and check them out with upscaling goodness. I'd mostly been playing 2D fighters. One of which was NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, which let me get my Rock Howard on and I thought to myself, "Shit, now I wanna play CVS2... need to buy a PS2 copy."

I got a used copy of CVS2 earlier tonight, the disc looks beat to hell but it still loaded up in the PS3 and appeared to be functioning fine -- until the actual fighting starts taking place. During matches, the entire screen shutters vertically about 5 pixels or so, just enough to be jarring, kinda like its trying to adjust itself and never finds a place to settle.

Now, I'm aware that even though in the BC guide on the Playstation website it says "No major problems for this title." ...all that guarantees is that the game fires up and is playable. Doesn't account for minor graphical errors such as this.

I thought it might be the disc, since it is in pretty rough shape and fired it up in my PS2 -- no screen shuttering, runs perfectly.

I did a bunch of google checks to see if anybody else had this problem and all I was able to come up with were a bunch of kids on Gamefaqs that the game looks pixelated when upscaled. Not much help there. Couldn't find any hint of anybody else having this problem.

So... thoughts? Anybody with these two ingredients wanna mix 'em together and see what they get?