Anybody making replacement Omega Supreme drums?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RoboticPlanet, Sep 22, 2007.

1. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    With the essentially closed transrepro.com, I don't know where to look for reproduction Omega Supreme wheel drums. Is anyone else making these? No luck on eBay, despite all the other repro parts in eBay stores.

Of course I could seek out originals, which I would prefer, but finding unbroken/uncracked ones is impossible. All I wanna see is Omega Supreme walk. :cry 

2. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I was able to glue mine back together. I got a complete one for a good deal but the drums were beat up and the electronics were full of cancer. I was able to rebuild the entire electronics and drums for very cheap. For the drums I just superglued the 2 pieces together. There is no need for them to come apart if the spring is good.

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    One mine is very cracked and other has a single hairline crack (this seems to work). I tried putting some glue on the cracked and gaping areas but still had that grinding noise from the spinning bar not catching the hole where it's splitting. I keep my eye open for cheap Omega Supremes but haven't found one that would work yet. I figure some repro drums will be about the same price and be guaranteed to work.

4. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

I used a 2 part epoxy, this is thicker than superglue and can fill gaps better, you could always try that. I guess it's worth a shot, you can also try to add a new spring to keep the peg tighter. You can get them at radio shack.