Anybody know if you can tighten G1 Shockwave's legs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Javi 2 Suave, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just got this guy off ebay, and he won't stand very good. His legs won't lock and they slide back up to his torso. Can this be fixed?

2. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Must be the left leg right?

3. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's both, they are really loose. If I position him just right and lean him back against something he will stand up, but the slightest bump and down he goes...

4. blahduh

does your leg still lock on?
    flip the feet in, unscrew both leg off(4 screws on each side), open the lower leg part and check the joint area, there should be a tab connect to the upper leg, the tab should lock to the square hole on the lower part of the leg, if the tab is broken, then the leg won't lock when fully extended.

Even if the tab is not broken, alot of shockwave's left leg still won't lock well. I think it's a design flaw, the square hole on his left leg seems not sharper enough to hold the tab in place.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the left leg's of my Shockwave seems abit wobby also...so there's really no way to tightened him?

6. blahduh

Does your shockwave's left leg still lock though?(mine doesn't even lock even when nothing is broken)

Open it's left leg and check the square hole, I think mine is abit shallow and uneven, so the tab slide off it easily. Wonder if yours is the same.

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I've been down this road. The tab mechanism just isn't solid enough. I managed to tighten mine up enough wear it'll stand ok, but it definitely could have been designed better.

8. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 Shockwave's legs have always been an issue, especially the left one. Mine is no different. The right locks fine, but I have to fiddle with the left one to make it stick enough to stand him up. Thankfully, he's never fallen over...yet! :) 

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes but it still feels abit unstable...hmmm, in terms of percentage, I would give it, er, 80%? But I'm slightly miffed as I paid close to $200 for it.