Anybody know if Reflector has been KO'd?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alex5, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

...as in knock-offed? Or knocked-off?

I'm curious as there always seem a few about on eBay for a rare figure.

I'd like to buy one but obviously don't want a KO when I'm looking for a genuine TF. I am aware of the Diaclone version and this seems to go for less than the Transformers version, not sure if reprolabels do a set for him?

Anyways, if anyone can assist me with the genuinity of the Reflectors on eBay, thank you.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    there are KO's....oversized funny colored versions...not sure about a true scale/colored version though...

3. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    if you're refering to the news from A3U, haven't heard much yet.

I noticed that kotransformers.com went down though.. not sure what's up with that. It was still up when Reflector was announced

4. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Aah, that's where I heard about the Reflector KO, knew it wasn't my imagination!

No I had just seen several for sale on eBay, and it must have been that news from agesthree&up that made me think twice. But no, the sellers were not the usual candidates for KO's so maybe I should just buy soon before they hit. I think the KO's were set to come in a G1 styled box but it's easy enough to dump that and pass them off as genuine.

Thanks for the replies but if anybody has any more info then please speak up!

5. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    i have a version where all three robots are painted green but are the same scale in size and same weapons as the real version. still a cool transformer set to get but depends on what you want to spend....my KO was $20 with shipping and that was about what i wanted to spend.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

There was a KO of Reflector which had all the bots red or green. It was the same size as the original. This bootleg was rather plentifull on ebay last summer, now they are rare. People said it was a good cheap alternative.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

BE WARNED

Almost all the 'diaclone' Reflectors (aka Microx) being sold on ebay are VINTAGE KOs/bootlegs. They are NOT real product, and don't have trademark stamps, but do look generally the same.

'Focus Robo' or 'Camera Robo' is the most common of these, which uses the original artwork on the box but different words and notably NO TAKARA or any company info on the front.

Unwitting person after person keeps buying up the fake Microx on ebay for $150+, which is unfortunate.

Example (I had a better one but it sold for bin $200 or so):

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TRANSFORMERS-DIA...oryZ4694QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Funny how the old KOs destroy G1 collecting does not come out when discussion of vintage stuff comes into play.

There are TONS of KOs from back in the day that are 'exact' replicas of Reflector, Soundwave, Dinobots, and tons of other G1 figures. Same rules have to go when you are purchasing anything, get your facts before you make a purchase. As reflector was a mail in figure in the US and the Microx, Camara Robo figures were all sold at retail I think that there could even be more of the KOs in circulation than there are the real thing. Hell, even the Royal bank gave away a KO Soundwave if a child came in to open a savings account back in 85 durring the hype of Transformers.

Too bad the internet wasn't around then so Transfans could have put a stop to these figures then.

As for Reflector itself, it has not been released yet by the current KO manufactures. There were carded cheap versions that were done two years ago and made it into the US early last year. These came in all kinds of colours including versions just like the originals.

Spencer.

9. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Thanks for the advice, sorry I had been way from my computer for a couple of days .

So, what can I look for guarantee I'm buying a genuine reflector?

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Look for copyright stamps?

I seen tons of reflectors on ebay UK, and TBH, I only saw one that might have been real, hahahah. It was expensive. It had an instruction sheet I think.

11. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I need a box for my original G1 Reflector. I've seen some off and on occasionally but, of course, once you go back to find them you can't. Any ideas on where to find one? I'll even take the plain white, mailaway box.