Anybody know how to get strong smoke smell out of Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Facemeat, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I received a box of TF's in the mail today and they reek of smoke. I'm a little annoyed because the guy who I'm trading with never even mentioned this. Anyhow, does anybody know a good way to get smoke smell out of TF's? I was thinking of putting them in a trash bag with fabric softeners, because that got the must smell out of a few Mego's for me, but I have no clue how well that would work with TF's that smell like smoke. Any suggestions?

2. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    This has happened to me before as well. Just keep it out in a well ventilated area and eventually the smell will wear off.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Put them outside in the shade on a very windy day. Repeat for a few days. Voila!! No more smoke smell. If this trick got the stink out of my Transformers that were housed in the same home as the 2 chimneys I call my parents, it'll work for anyone.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you've got a shaded back porch, I'd just set them out there for a while; should do the trick.

EDIT: The Force is strong with MidnightBliss.

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    just let them air out and the smell will go away overtime. It seems to go quicker for the figures than for the packaging though.

6. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I'm almost glad I didn't get any packaging, but I did get instructions so I assume the same goes for them.
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm going to have to figure out where to put these, since our dogs go out in the backyard and I definitely don't want to find them chewing on any of these.

7. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I got a Magnaboss a few years back that reeked of smoke. I ended up cleaning it with window cleaner and paper towels, and using q-tips to get into the nooks and crannies. Afterwards, I hit it a few times with Febreze. That seemed to take out the smell pretty good. Before using any cleaning chemical I would test it on a small patch of the toy that's not easily seen...just to make sure it's not going to fade the color.