Anybody here resisting buying movie transformers because they keep getting better...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prozak, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

...and better?

I haven't bought any movie transformers and I sold off the first ones I had. Optimus Prime leader is pretty amazing and I saw a custom figure that had a great paint job that made all the detail on Optimus stand out.

I got a feeling they are going to release a premium version of the current leaders but who knows.

Bite now or wait for the movie 3 versions to come out which might be even better? Then again we probably won't ever see some of them like Jetfire again but if they update Optimus again they probably won't combine.

Anyone struggle with the same issue?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    nah, I buy what I want as it comes out. I didnt get any premium figures from the first line, and I won't this time. doesnt bug me at all.

3. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yea...Im still wating on that movieverse leader megatron thats on par with leader Optimus Prime. Its like OP is always a step or two above megs. Hopefully we'll get that megatron for TF3

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Nope, buy what I want and enjoy it. Some molds I wouldn't drop more money on even if they became Premium-ized (which Hasbro said was unlikely anyway), like the first movie Megatron Leader figure. Only reason I ended up getting the Premium version was as a gift.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'll worry about it when TF3 toys roll out and I'm dying to buy the same character again. Knowing Hasbro though, they'll most likely be repaints of TF1/ROTF figures, with a few figures that get better 'upgrades'.

I try not to pick up more than one of each mold unless a new color scheme catches my eye, so chances are I can either enjoy ROTF figures now, or wait two years and enjoy them with a different paint job ;) 

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Oh yeah! Resisting with every ounce of self control I can muster! lol

7. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Why would you resist? If I hated a line, but saw a really cool toy I liked, and that everybody said was fantastic, I would go pick it up. It's not like you're sacrificing your moral highground by buying a toy that's different from what you usually get.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not resisting ANYTHING :lol  ... but I'm definitely struggling to imagine how TF3 Prime could be better than TF2 Prime!

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I largely refrain from purchasing Movie stuff. The exceptions so far have been Ransack, Ravage and Legends Devastator; currently waiting for Bludgeon, Skystalker and Mindwipe.

10. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I only got my first Premium today and that was only because he was £12.50 and I wanted a hexagonal box. I buy what catches my eye. Don't do repaints that frequently unless they are supremely cool looking (and for that reason RotF Thrust is mine and both Nebular Starscream and Shadow Command Megatron will be mine).

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The only one I'm resisting is Leader Megs. Even if they change his design again, I can imagine Hasbro doing a better job for him in TF3's toy line. The others I'm going to get while I can, as I can't see them improving much more. Premiums aren't going to happen, so there's no point in waiting for those, imo.

12. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm holding off on my favorite characters for the most part. For example, I bought Deluxe Skids and Mudflap. Even if they do get upgraded deluxe toys for TF3, I simply don't care enough about the characters to buy another version of them. Besides, the ROTF deluxe molds of them are good enough.

Megatron, Ironhide, and Ratchet, on the other hand, are worth the wait to see if they get more accurate molds when TF3 comes around. If for some reason the Movie 1/ROTF molds are superior, then it's no biggie. People are always looking to get rid of their movie toys, so I doubt finding them will be all that hard.

13. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I just get what I want. I usually don't go for many repaints unless it is retooled. Plus it is a little quirk of mine that I want the original.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I've stopped buying Movie toys because (with the exception of Scouts and Legends), they're not very good.

15. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    articulated hands, rubber tires, and a voice chip that says "Give me your face, bitch!!!"

16. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Aboslutely. I held off on buying ROTF leader Optimus because I figured I'd just wait for the inevitable premium version.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Only Leader Optimus, and that's because I want Buster Prime (the exact same toy, only with a smokestack cannon!)

Otherwise I buy whatever I want. Hell, I even want the Ravage mail-away repaint to be my Movieverse Howlback.

18. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

No, I go nuts and buy whatever I want and whenever something comes along that I like better I will either have doubles or give the first one away.

That said I'm glad I waited on RotF Leader Megatron, the black repaint suits me much more than grey-on-greyish.
    Yet I still do not have the new prime because a weird part of me is attached to my TFtM Prime and just can't let him go.

19. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    No, I stopped buying them because they are not very good (at least for my tastes), with a few exceptions.

Bludgeon is bought on sight, however.

Leader Starscream looks cool, but I doubt I will get him.

20. sweetnessprime1

sweetnessprime1 Brute force of Team Metal

They keep changing his design, so Hasbro keeps having to make a new toy to fit that design. If Micheal & Co kept his design the same, Hasbro might be able to make a "perfect" Megatron.