Anybody have this happen to them on ebay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Like the title says, I paid for a David Wright rookie card that is extremely rare. I had 10 days to pay for it, and paid for it on the 5th day, only to come home today to see the seller had opened an unpaid item strike with the reason being a mutual withdrawal agreement of transaction. I didnt agree to canceling the auction as I already paid for it. He did refund my money part of which is on hold due to paypal having to wait until it arrives from the bank account. I'm so pissed as I had another shot to get this same card which is extremely rare and this asshole cancels the transaction and tells ebay we mutually agreed to it. Has anyone else had this happened to them??? Me being a big mets fan, and foremost a David Wright fan, I actually want to go to this guys house and pummel this asshole. I know when he relisted it he said him and the other buyer mutually agreed to end the auction since he wanted more money for the card which sold at $50 and is worth about $150-$300. Can I report this to ebay since I won it for $65 and he cancelled the auction again??

Sorry for the rant but I figured If I didnt rant about it and vent myself, I actually might drive to this assholes house and show him a NY beat down.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think this is the exact kind of BS thing eBay wants reported.

3. Rdfnd1253

What sucks is I passed on one for $125 graded to get this one since it was a better price, and now I got none!

4. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Definitely report this butt hole...eBay will stick it to him. Not because they give a rat's ass about you, they just want their commission.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I feel for your since I am a Mets fan as well. Yes report this BS to Ebay and see to it that they suspend his account. Not sure if that'll get you the card though.

6. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I've had the same thing happen with a Sideswipe once.The dude had it listed for like 9 days and did not relize it ended on an Easter Sunday before noon.I won it for $5.00 and he was pissed so bad I dealt with his crap for almost the whole 60 days.

NY Rules!!!!

7. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Same thing happened to my friend ... he bid on a lot of G1 basebots and combiners the guy had them listed at a BIN of 125.00 and he snapped them up quick only to have the guy start bitching and crying and relist them where he got $300 for them ... he got reported and got suspended and the new auction was voided.

8. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Damn, people suck. That is very unfortunate :/

A long time ago now I bought a pair of shoes without asking for additional tagged pictures and I ended up getting fakes and the seller was no longer a member of eBay by the time I received them numerous weeks after.

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The closest thing happened to me was when a bidder cancelled his bid because he "couldn't contact the seller", while I had received no communication from him. But that's nothing compared to what happened to you. Sorry to hear about it, and hope the seller gets in some sort of trouble for pulling this crap.

10. Rdfnd1253

Yea Im going to contact ebay about it. On the unpaid item strike report I wrote no we did not agree to end the auction. After I did that and sent it, it said the auction was void and no action was taken against my account. Im like what??? This is why I hate ebay. I was going to sell the clear colored optimus prime prototype I have on ebay but I hate the fucking ebay fees, the shitty paypal fees the seller gets hit with, and the problem with non paying bidders. In conclusion, Ebay BLOWSSSS!! I think I might just let them have a peice of my mind and see how pissed I get when I do, and see if I get banned from ebay! No love loss for me!!

11. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You'll want to file a Seller Non-performance violation (linked in the Additional Information) section.

If he sends a formal eBay request for mutual withdrawl, deny it. Make sure to go through the official steps on eBay to respond to a Non-payment dispute, or else eBay will side with the seller.

Also, if you can, hold out and try to win the same auction again, if it goes cheap. There's nothing like proving the value of an item by buying it twice from a seller for the same price. :D 

12. Rdfnd1253

Well I think I screwed up cause on the non paying bidder form he sent I marked no we didnt agree to end the auction mutually and wrote it in the field provided. What I got back after said you are no longer obligated to the auction or some garbage like that and said no unpaid strikes will be taken against my account at this time. I dont get why it said this when I clearly checked choice 2 which was I didnt agree to mutually end the transaction and even wrote it in the field. What really pissed me off was the guy wrote due to buyer not agreeing to the withdrawal of funds or so. I was like I paid this fucker and he still did this shit.

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I've had over 50 items up at a time each week and sometimes I have items end at $1 because I couldn't keep track. MISB items. I was disappointed, but I shipped them. I was more mad that no one else bid than at the one person who did.

Report it. Make a stink. Ebay caters to buyers these days. Make an example of him. He can't leave you neg. feedback anymore.

14. Rdfnd1253

Even if he left me a negative, Id personally drive to his house and beat the snot out of him. Im actually crazy!! Especially when people dick over other people. I will not, ever in my life let some asshole screw me over. And since this was a rare rookie card of David Wright who is my favorite ball player these days, I AM border line psycho now that he pulled this shit. He should of not listed it with a low starting bid.

And besides that negative crap I could care less about. I barely use ebay!

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, be the better man and take the high road. Get him suspended before he rips off a little kid or something.

16. Rdfnd1253

Yea Im waiting for a reply from him since I called him out on the second time cancelling a transaction.