Customs: anybody have this brand and color they can sell or trade me?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, Jul 24, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i need some more of this color and brand > House of Kolor Kosmos red. i am almost out and do not have enough to finish my project i can buy it in a set off of ebay but its expensive as a set. walmart was the place that was carrying it and now they quit selling any model supplies in my area.

most of us agree that this paint sucks however i learned how to use it and now i need some more. i have other colors of the same brand i could trade or other stuff i could trade. i am also willing to pay a fair price for it

please pm me if you have some :) 

Attached Files:

2. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Actually I love this paint. It's what I used to paint my Motormaster.

No I don't have any but you can order it directly from them.

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love this stuff. It is designed for airbrushing and spraying. That is way most people hate it I guess. I wish I had more.

4. anovasinn

thanks man do you have a link and, are they reasonable price wise?

right as long as i cut it and use in my airbrush no problems :)  only thing i do not like it is true oldschool enamel paint in that it is not compatible with some others

5. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

6. encline

News Credits:
    I used to get them from wal-mart as well. They had a huge deal with walmart. Then, when walmart stopped the deal, they decided it would no longer be profitable. Even coastairbrush.com stopped saling it.

7. anovasinn

that sucks and that is why walmart sucks! i can get the color but in proffesional grade and i would have to buy the thinner/whatever they call it. so roughly 25.00- 30.00 for 5 oz which is not bad if you need 5oz lol. i went that route for my mp sw purple and never again i had to fight with the paint because i would not buy the thinner they use. (basic thinner makes it clump up and seperate so you have to strain out the clumps:crazy: )

well what is a good suggestion for g1 o prime color match? thats why i like kosmos red so much it is VERY close to g1 prime red

8. encline

News Credits:
    Well, what kind of thinner were you using? You can get just Laquer Thinner. That works great with this Kustom Kolor. If you want to stretch what you have, reduce it in the bottle about 30%-50%, and shake it up good. Be careful because there will be a little pressure when you open it up. Spray it in very light passes with about a 50% percent over lap. Give it about 5-10 min between coats.
    I have never had a problem with clumping. The only way that could happen is if an oil base product like acetone was used.

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    hobby shop near me has a display full of this brand, minus the one i bought...I'll check for this color over the weekend and get back to you.

I'll trade it for some random TF heads...

10. encline

News Credits:
    WHAT!!!! Let me know how much it cost.

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't help you, so I just wanted to say good luck.

12. anovasinn

oh i was unclear i have no problems with this one it is just house of color also puts out professional auto body paint and i can buy this color in that. its just i would have to also buy special reducer for it. and my experience i was talking about was when i bought DuPont paint to paint the tail fins of my mp 06

13. encline

News Credits:
    Oh. Do you do auto painting? That is my profession. Custom airbrushing and painting. I teach classes for DuPont sometimes. Have you been to my website? WEB.MAC.COM/ENCLINEDESIGNS

Not to sound arrogant or like a know it all, I just like talking auto paints!!! Any ways. I have also used thinner in urathane paints and have never had a problem on TFs. I would prefer to use urethanes if they were not so expensive. They are so much more durable.
    House of Kolor is ALWAYS weird. DuPont though, thinner should be fine. You always have to strain urethane paints. Here is one I painted using DuPont and walmart thinner with no problems.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. anovasinn

ah ok i will def check out your site. what i used on sw was chroma base spectramaster red they just called it red so they could charge me for red. teah i wish they would market this stuff to hobbiests

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i just checked their website and they are not selling product anymore

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
  17. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

Oh hey, there's tons of these at my local model hobby shop. If F_R can't find what ya need, LMK, I'll try to help. I usually go there every other week or so just for the heck of it anyways.