Anybody Else Want a Megatron Who TFs into... Something?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pauly T, Mar 6, 2012.

?

How do you like your Megatron alt-modes?

1. Cybertronian

23 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. Earth-based

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. GUN ONLY! GEEWUN 4EVA!!!!11!!!!11!

24 vote(s)
    13.1%
  4. DINO ONLY! BEEST WORS 4EVA!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!1!1!

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. No Preference Other Than Looking Significantly Bad-@$$...

87 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I don't really care what Megatron turns into, so long as it's well done. I can give Energon Megs that much. I can give Cybertron Megs that much. (the car mode, not the half-assed 'jet' mode) And about half of RiD Megs modes are cool. (not the elephant, gargoyle, boat, or the giant claw) On the other hand though, Animated Megatron's Cybertron mode toys both sucked and could barely tell which end was the front.

2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    In theory Megatron refusing to take on an earth alt mode due to his massive arrogance sounds like a cool idea. But in practice, his Cybertronian modes usually suck ass in execution. His alt mode in TFP is actually OK as far as alt modes go; it conveys power and might and looks decent as some sort of weird jet (I hated his Bayverse TFTM alt mode; ROTF was alright but I really loved his Mad Max truck mode in DOTM). But if Megs had to take on an earth mode in TFP, maybe something like a heavily modified/weaponized Osprey would be cool.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Gun mode. Getting sick of the "he's above disguising himself". Transform into something that will DECEIVE people.

4. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Not knocking you, but we can't always default to "because G1 did it like this"... after all, if that was the case, every Megatron would yell "Retreat!" every week....

5. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I really want an earth mode megatron that doesn't look like his movie counterpart

6. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

I always liked Decepitcons as an air force, while the Autobots were a ground force. I think it would be unimaginitative to make him a plain ol' jet... so Cybertronian or helicoptor for me.

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Totally with you - I'm so tired of the Cybertronian alt modes.

I chose Earth mode, though that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing a gun... but a tank is fine too.

8. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Definitely Earth based. Cybertornian vehicles do absolutely nothing for me. As far as specific alts modes, a gun would be preferred, but any vehicle thats gun based (tank, howitzer, etc...) is acceptable as well.

9. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    The thing that bothers me about the recent Cybertronian vehicle modes is that they just look cobbled up. They just look like a mess of metal with no actual shape. So, it basically insinuates that this race of highly advanced and intelligent sentient beings has no ability to make any kind of sleek beautiful vehicles the way the lowly humans do? TF's are far advanced compared to humans and they aren't smart enough to make a decent and more practical looking vehicle whether it be a ground or air vehicle? I'm not buying it.

Look at the Cybertronian modes in the pilot episode of G1. They looked like actual vehicle, cars and jets alike. Yet, they didn't look at all like Earth vehicles. Why is that so hard? I'm not saying we have to follow the G1 pattern, by all means, change it up, but I don't think asking for a decent looking alt mode is too much to ask.

10. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

I think that the cybertronian mode works for Megatron, but the idea is to be deceptive. Honestly, I'm pretty conflicted here.

EDIT:As long as he is not a gun, it's fine.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Is it so much of an improvement than now Optimus yells it every week instead of Megatron?

Look out, we're about to accidentally win the entire war -- AUTOBOTS, PULL BACK!!!!

12. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I would like to see Megatron's IDW upgraded/new body in toy form.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Generations Thunderwing's alt-mode isn't alien at all, other than the giant guns and nose drone. It's basically an F-22 with the wings of an F-16XL... and a drone under the nose.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ....I thought Generations/War for Cybertron Megatron turned into a rather convincing hover tank? That's what I love Megatron as...a tank. I don't mind a Cybertronian tank but an earth tank would be pretty fine too.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they should take a page from Armada/Energon/Cybertron, where those Megatron toys had fanciful vehicle forms easily written off as alien/Cybertronian, yet still easily recognized as specific types of vehicles.

Animated also did a good job with Cybertronian vehicle forms that didn't just look like a wadded-up robot (except for Megatron, ironically enough)

The B-2 bomber-esque design? I'd like to see that too.

16. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I've always liked the idea of Megatron as a tank because it's like a gun, only bigger, and it can move on its own, which solves pretty much all the pragmatic problems of G1 Megatron being a handgun. That said, I also like how they've been pushing the whole "Decepticon air superiority" thing since Animated, so Megatron as a flying vehicle makes sense too...basically, as long as he has a massive gun somewhere and translates well into toy form, I think I'll be fine with it.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This!:thumb 

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I prefer Megatron transform into an actual thing -- whether it be a tank, helicopter, alligator, gun, Mad-Max truck, or even a shoe. Cybertronian alts that resemble something --like Armada and RotF's tanks-- are OK, though I'd much rather have something Earthen.

Even better, make Megatron's alt mirror Optimus's: a T. rex to match his King Kong, or two very different tractor-trailers.

19. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

I like the tank in ROTF but i would like an earth mode but the cyb thing suits his didsdain for fleshlings.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this to the letter,