Anybody else not collecting Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bjjer, Sep 19, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who said Hot Shot is getting a toy?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nobody, yet, though out of all the new characters, I personally think he'll be one of them that will more than likely get a toy at some point. Mainly just because he's Hot Shot. I really hope that Beachcomber and Brawn get toys at some point, even if we have to wait till after the movie sequels toys are phased out, when Animated will, theoretically, continue on to a fourth season.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What if they're nothing but cameos? Hhhhhhhhhhhm?

New molds for comeos sounds stupid IMO.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd rather have new mold than no toys for them at all (there aren't any existing molds they could repaint into the one's we know about so far). If they're willing to make a new mold toy for a character that wasn't even origonally an idea for a show character, I think a couple new molds for actual show characters shouldn't be too hard for them, though I won't be surprised if a good amount of them don't get toys. I can still hope for at least a couple of them. Beachcomber's design is too awesome, imo, to not get a toy of his own.

5. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    For me it's not so much that the designs are bad, but the quality of the toys
    is pretty poor, at least for the $10 ones. I have the Primes which are very good, and just picked up Snarl - he is only so so. Prowl is really cool in bike
    and bot modes, He is the only other one I would possibly get. I can't get into the cartoon myself.

6. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    No, you're not. I don't like them either.

7. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Didn't like the pictures of the toys before they came out. I swore I wasn't going to buy them. Once they were out, I didn't like them in their package. Then I bought bumblebee and loved it. I couldn't stop buying them and now I have all of them. I love the show and I love the toys.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Because not everyone is happy with the look of the Animated figures.

I never understood some peoples need to reply in a thread when they feel that thread is pointless and with out merit.

If you think that there's no need to discuses this topic why post in the thread?????

Anyway.........

I was planning on completely skipping the Animated toyline.I like the show but I find the toys to be a bit more juvenile looking.

I know that sounds funny since we're talking about toys but I just dont like the look of most of the line.

So far I've only picked up 5 figures from the Animated line.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I had NO intention of collecting this line, but after the show started to get so good - along with my desperation for some new Transformers - I broke down and have been buying them.

That said, I'm prepared to sell them off if Hasbro don't release Lugnut as a Leader Class within the next year. It's driving me bonkers not having a properly sized figure of my favorite character.

10. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Objectively speaking, I'm still intrigued by the fact that "NOT collecting Animated" is a huge issue to discuss about around here.

Ah well, it's either Till all are one or Till all are gone.

*rolls eyes*

11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Look above my Avatar for the answer. :) 

12. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Animated is just repeating the BW history. Disliked at first, but will be most praised for years & generations to come. Wanna bet, my good sir? ;) 

13. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Its the same for me, didnt like it first, got a V. Grimlock just to put with my classics and bumm! collected all the characters so far. Looking forward to Blurr, but after him I will concentrate on Classics, and encores.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I don't like the show much at all, but I have bought a few of the toys...more than I really wanted to or should have. They're engineered pretty well but there's only a select few that I consider good toys.

15. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I am not collecting Animated. But I do have all of them.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really like the show a lot. Many of the toys are really cool. However, I am not collecting the line. I have 5 Animated toys, and I don't have plans to buy many more. I actually really like the designs and such to many of them, but it's just not my focus. I don't have enough money to be a completest, so I'm just picking and choosing from the line.

The few toys I have I really like a lot. I would really like to have a leader Megatron and I'd like to get Ultra Magnus and Blurr when they come out. Aside from those, we'll see. From the toys I've played with, they're just not my cup of tea. I'll take my Classics/Universe, my Alts/BTs (which I am a completest of), and my MPs. :) 

17. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

This is actually how I feel too. I fell out of buying TFs a few years back because the toys were getting so bland for me. Then Animated came along, injected a bunch of personality into the concept, and I was back. :) 

18. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I find the show entertaining but the toys don't appeal to me. TFs I collect are more so I can admire them or so they can fit into certain themes...I tried looking at Megatron and imagined him with the rest of my TFs, and it just did not look right when I pictured it mentally.

Personally...I prefer my TFs to have a sense of "majesty" to them (Masterpiece Prime, Omega Supreme), "unique factor" (Soundwave and the cassette bots) and/or robots that just look menacing...for me personally none of those factors, not even one, are in the animated line.