Anybody else not collecting Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bjjer, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a few pieces for me... 2-pack Prime, Prowl, Blitzwing, leader Bulkhead (with Headmaster immediately having been thrown in the garbage :lol )

Like or dislike TFA, you've got to hand it to the designers for trying something entirely new, and it being quite successful. I would NEVER have imagined TFA would be embraced by older fans, but it certainly has been; and the kids like it too. Both demographics, nailed. While the super-silly factor in TFA is very offputting for me and something I just can't get past, it has obviously worked for many folks.

And with new Binaltech & Masterpiece coming out, Alternity coming down the pike, the great new Universe stuff on the horizon, TF2 stuff 8-9 months away, there's certainly something for everyone, so no worries.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I was PLANNING on skipping the entire line...figured it was as good a time as any to take a break...then my fiance picked up ALL of series one and two for my birthday since she hadn't seen any of those on my shelves :)  After all her "maybe you should slow down just a bit" moods, I finally do and she goes and feeds the completest addiction :p 

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Out of pure impulse, I bought Ratchet & Blackarachnia as soon as I saw them. However, it was more because I liked their previous incarnations so much... The toys were okay...

I can only afford to be completest for one series, and that's Classics.

So I got Voyager Prime & Leader Megatron to put with my collection. They're fun to toy with. I also got Blitzwing because he's my favorite character on the show, and he's another fun toy to mess with. The only other definite buy is Ultra Magnus.

So I have a few figures. If Voyager Prime & Leader Megatron had been out at the beginning, I probably wouldn't have bothered with Ratchet & BA, but I was curious about the new line...

Chris

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is the only line i'm a completist of but i can see why some fan's don't like it it is a new look but hay thats what universe is for

5. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At first I was just going to get a few here and there but now thanks to Voyager Earth Optimus I have become a completest of the normal line. The only one I'm missing at the moment is Lugnut which is everywhere at my Walmart.I pass on the activators and battle bumpers those are a bit too kids oriented for my tastes.

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I stay out of animated threads.

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the show. I treat the toyline like any other. I buy what appeals to me and nothing more.

I see toys the same way I see music there is good and bad in every line/genre. I buy what I like regardless of its origins.

8. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    It explains everything. No more arguments from me. ;) 

9. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i picked up a few but gave them to my kids and dident buy anymore.

10. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I don't like the show at all to be honest from the episodes I've watched. And the art style bugs me infinitely. That said I'm not closed to the line, and agaian while the art style bugs me there are molds that I am a huge fan of.

Starscream is one of the best of the line for me, and I'm in for the Skywarp repaint. Prowl is also exceedinly good, and I was close to buying Leader Megatron before thinking the better of it last week. I'm interesting in getting Swindle, Prowl, and Blurr, although not for any attachment value to the character mind you. Oh, and Ultra Magnus too. But that's because I love Ultra Magnus.

There's also apparently an upcoming Jetfire that I'd definately be interested in provided they don't make him a shuttle again. Please let it be some kind of sleek, kick ass fighter.

Molds that I steered clear of include Grimlock, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Blitzwing, Oil Slick, Prime, Ratchet, and BlackArachnia. A COmbination of being too overly cartoonish for my liking, or alt modes that I don't like.

Every other mold I just play by ear whenever I see it.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Animated..is awesome.....

12. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

It don't really care for the show at all, but the toys I'm definately collecting.

They're not the best, but certainly not the worst.

13. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    1.I didn't like Ani. at first,but was open to it.
    2.I saw the Ani movie and fell in love with the toys.
    3.I got the toys and thought they were the best thing ever.
    4.The series ended(for now) and I started losing interest.
    5.Ani. is looking to cartoony compared to my other TFs, so I am returning all the ones I still have receits for.

14. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I love the Animated show, so of course I buy all the toys. That's how it works for me, if I like the show I buy the toys (which is why I have so few Armada, Energon, and Cybertron toys :lol  ).

But yeah, the Animated line is full of win, especially since the figures are so show-accurate which is a big plus in my book!

15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that, even though it does fit with my opinion that a line of good but not great toys is being carried by the first TransFormers fiction in nearly a decade to have any life to it. And just to pre-empt all the cries of herecy, I do have fthe figures for almost the entire show cast but they just don't hold a candle to 2006's Classics line.

16. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I love the show, but the toys look too much like toys to me. Got Bumblebee before release and Activators Starscream last couple weeks. That's it.

17. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I like the cartoon plenty, and was into the toys a lot at first. Got Voyager Prime, Starscream (pure awesome), Grimlock, Snarl, and Jazz, and ended up really disappointed with Snarl and Jazz. Wasn't really interested in too many others aside from Leader Bulkhead and Magnus, although I'll probably only get Bulkhead at this point.

Short of Omega Supreme or a kickass Hot Rod, I'm probably done wtih this line. Unless there are more dinobots. :D 

18. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

i used to collect animated but, well they just dont FIT in with the rest of tf history. Wich isnt a bad thing but for me it is. when hot shot comes out i have no choice but to get him, but thats probally it.

19. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was originally collecting animated but I sold all of it besides Grimlock. I still may pickup Blitzwing. For me it comes down to funds and deciding what to collect. I'm just collecting Alts, BT's and Masterpieces when some other misc Transformers. The toys are great but there is so much to out there and you can't get everything.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not not collecting Animated :D