Anybody else not collecting Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bjjer, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Good for you. Now you won't have to spend huge wads of cash for plastic crack.

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't plan on picking up any, and so far I haven't bought a single Animated bot. I really like the show, but I don't want to get into the toys since Universe is taking all my money :p 

3. a fan like you

a fan like you Well-Known Member

EDITED POST - a fan like you

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First I wanted to get only 3 or 4 then I saw the show and, well, it's the best Transformers show ever for me, sooooooooo, they kind of sold me 80% of the characters because of the show's characterization.

5. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I've purchased a few including Voyager Starscream, Voyager Prime, Grimlock, Snarl(SLAG!!!), and deluxe ratchet. I'm very pleased with the Dinobots (even though they don't have much articulation..but the stay in Dino-mode so it really doesn't matter) and Ratchet, as well as voyager Prime....the auto-morph gimmick on my SS is fucked up...he's my least favorite of the line. I like Prime...I didn't get Classic 1.0 Prime because of the arm kibble so TFA Prime is a good sub. But lately I've been thinking about kitbashing him into Rodimus Prime.

I'm not really into the show and although I like a couple molds I don't plan on collecting much of the line. I really wish there was another cartoon maybe geared towards us older fans with a realistic style...we probably won't see that anytime soon though I doubt. My biggest priority right now is classics...that's my favorite line..but while I wait for classics sometimes I will break down and buy the animated figures I'm somewhat interested in. I'm looking for Swoop right now and around the time I'm waiting on25th Ann. Cyclonus, Inferno and Hound...I'll be looking for Blurr and Swindle just to tied me over incase I can find those earlier than the Universe characters....GOD WHY WONT IRONHIDE HITTTT?!?!?!?1

6. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

I bought Leader Megs because I only have movie toys but the movie megs sucks balls. I had a bad day last week and caved in and bought blitzwing. He's ok but not great and doesn't really fit in to my collection. I don't think I'll get any more.

I do prefer the toys the classics though.

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

I have them all, and love the show.

I much prefer Animated to Classics.

8. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    The show is fun to watch for the most part, but I don't care for the toys. I have been considering getting Grimlock, Snarl, and perhaps Blurr.

9. DarkKnightPrime

DarkKnightPrime Banned

Why does there need to be a thread about this?

10. CyberSlippit

CyberSlippit Bot crazy!

I don't like the show, so none of the Animated toys for me :wink:  I'm very picky about my TF shows I watch, and they look like the Teen Titans to me (And after seeing how they made Ratchet and Ultra Magnus look...Yeesh!) I like the original G1-ish and movie toys, if they don't look like the originals, no deal ;) 

CS :) 

11. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    To piss Animated fans off? LOL. :lol 

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I think the storyline is good for Animated but it looks terrible to me. I own two Animated toys and those were given to me by a friend who bought them and after two days was so bored with them he gave them away to me. I will probably donate them to toys for tots or something soon. Honestly Animated just isn't very "robot-like" for me but luckily right now there is something for everyone so I get some awesome Transformers like Universe and MP's and fans of Animated can get their stuff too. :) 

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Donate?! You're insane! Sell 'em to me for banana price!

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I've still not seen any of the show apart from the 2-pack DVD! I'm planning on watching the DVD's in a sitting each.

I picked up Prowl a while ago after many fruitless trips to TRU so I didn't come back empty handed again that visit, I LOVED him.

I've now got:

2-pack Megs and Prime
    Prowl
    Bumblebee
    Starscream (Voyager and Activator)
    Bulkhead (Voyager)
    Leader Megs
    Ratchet
    Blitzwing
    Soundwave
    Jazz
    Snarl/Slag

Basically all the G1 bots that are out over here (I've not found Grimmy yet), excluding Bulkhead - who I got as part of a 3for2. I've not opened him and Slag yet. I suspect after watching the show, I'll pick up the non-G1 characters.

I normally prefer realistic alt. modes (even as a child my interest waned a bit during '86!) but I really like the Ani. aesthetic, they're just really fun TF toys. Jazz and Soundwave are standing with Henkei Megs just now, Ani. Laserbeak is flying behind Megs (he's slotted into one of Megs' wings closing tabs).

15. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Better question, why do those who ARE collecting animated keep posting in here?

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i love the show too..and i like the fact that u gave the toys a chance, unlike some people who diss the toys n hate them without even looking at them...i guess u truly dont like them :D  i love them all, i have one of every character released...so im a big fan...but its a matter of opinion..glad u like the tv show, i love it too..cant wait for season 3

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Same reason that people go to "I love Animated" topics to say they don't.

Show the world their opinion is different from the topic's maker.

18. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly I prefer the aesthetics of the toy over the show designs most of the time...

19. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    ROTFLMAO.. :lol  :lol  :lol 

You might wanna check out the anti-Animated posts scattered around threads that clearly dedicated to Animated. Yessss.....

20. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits: