Customs: Anybody else having trouble with Shapeways?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thedreaded1, Jan 17, 2012.

1. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Several of my orders ended up rejected and I don't know why it has become more apparent as of late. They've been successfully repaired on netfabb and pass all of Shapeways preliminary tests. What's weird about this is some of these items I've printed before without any issues. Is anybody else dealing with this and is there a program out there that I can use to check my files?

2. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Usually when I have an item rejected they send a picture of the offending area on the item in question.

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Yeah, I had that happen with Ravager and now a Sqwawk came back rejected.

My hypothesis is that since the models can be near the limits, when Shapeways prints with their "plus minus 0.2mm" the models can go under the limit. If that happens more than once, maybe the Shapeways workers just get fed up of it and reject it. But that's all guesswork right now.

I do know they are definitely having printer troubles lately though, with WSF. I got an email from Maartje about an order of mine and she said it was delayed due to printer issues. Perhaps that's what's screwing up Shapeways recently.

Regardless, I've made it a point to redesign Ravager and Sqwawk anyways. Not that they need it, but just to spite Shapeways. :lol 

Edit: Sunlink, the pic only came through in the old Shapeways (before their little Internet overhaul). Now I get nothing but the standard message and am left to guess what is wrong, so often I just redesign the whole thing.

4. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, i'm trying to prevent this from happening though. Is there a program out there where I can check it myself and save a step? I rather not go through the cancellation process.
    It's been more frequent with my models when they did the site update as well.