Anybody else feel like Hasbro/Takara forgot about us Beast Wars fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Like the title states, I have been feeling like this the past few years as Hasbro/takara haven't released much of anything pertaining to Beast Wars. Yes I know they released universe dinobot, cheetor, and the DVD season set, but what about a new universe bw figure every 3 months or a reissue/repaint of older molds they have? What about 1 masterpiece BW figure? I understand the majority of collectors are G1 fans....but why not have one team of designers produce a few G1 masterpiece figures and another design BW masterpiece figures? Sorry for the rant....just haven't liked anything hasbro has released for the past 6 years now. I guess my passion for the hobby is dying......and to think if it wasn't for BW, Transformers as a line might of came to an end for good, or at minimum, for a few years till something of worth while was designed and released.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Because collectors don't carry a line, kids do. And to be quite frank, kids don't give a shit about smart mouthed rats that turn into robots. Maybe once they make a Beast Wars cartoon or resurrect the series.

As an aside, every one of the Beast Wars toys they've made in the past 5 or 6 years has shelfwarmed like nobody's business.

3. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Well collectors help but that is another topic and I won't start any fires.

But as much as I LOVE the Beast Era as well, this last statement is true. Universe Dinobot and Cheetor were not the greatestof figures and did end up being a bit warming in some areas. I think they would hold off on it until they feel they could do them some true homage justice. Waspinator had a great presence in Animated and a great figure, also a Kre-on in the first wave of individuals.

Also with as much as the fandom has pushed some BW characters into the HoF I think they realize they are important. Just hopefully will keep slowly rolling out some worthwhile BW stuff with the rest.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Being honest, anything between G1 and the movies pretty much been forgotten.

Let me see:
    TFP Hot Shot does not even have the proper colors, despite being the Bumblebee of the Unicron Trilogy.

The RID fans being screwed over many times with beloved characters getting updates as exclusive figures. Now the series name being mistaken for the TFP line.

Then the Beast Wars fans got stuck with a crappy Cheetor and Dinobot that looked like it should been in G2.

I would had hoped that Generations would of gave something for all fans, but that never did happen.

5. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think its the same as other 80's brands that are getting "classics" they are doing homages to the original line as thats the one that started it all. I feel like the toy companies are doing all these homages as a thankyou to the fans who have been loyal to the brand

Your comment about if it wasnt for beast wars it may have came to an end. This could be said for any of the series since g1, they have all kept the brand in the shops and on tv. Dont think it would have died i mean i have been there since the beginning and i loved beast wars, especially as it links to g1 but the unicron trilogy i didnt enjoy but i'm still here. If they open to beast wars there would be an arguement, the same arguement, for masterpiece armada figures!

6. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    To be honest, not much has been re-issued\remade from other lines as well.

Beast Wars had greater presence in Universe 08-09 than Armada\Energon\Cybertron did. Unless we count repaints as other characters, BW got two popular remakes out [even if they weren't the greatest figures] while that trilogy got Hot Shot remade. RID is pretty obscure as well, excluding Scourge and Sky Byte [both of which are only out as botcon\club exclusives]. And Scourge can\has been homaged a lot as just black Prime repaints.

The collector's line [be it masterpiece or even the club exclusives] are trying to homage and capture G1 figures.

I wouldn't put too much thought on it though, was it about a year or two ago that hasbro explicitly stated that they had no plans for the dinobots? Look what's going on now and into 2013...

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well, its a fact that beast wars was hasbro's last ditch effort to make transformers successful again. transformers almost died in 1995

the years between the end of g2 and the start of beast wars was the closest transformers ever came to full out cancellation

i'd love uberly well done beast wars toys, but sadly we got to wait until hasbro decides to make new beast wars toys

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's the unfortunate truth right there, at least in the last few serious attempts by Hasbro (I'm under the impression Takara's BW Telemocha stuff may have been a bit more successful in their own market)

Anyway, Anniversary lines by both Hasbro and Takara, new figures of Cheetor and Dinobot, and BW homages in Animated hardly seem like 'forgotten' to me, even with little to speak of over the last 3 years or so. That's pretty good for anything other than G1.

(and let's not forget 'Ultra Mammoth' :)  )

9. Rdfnd1253

What's this ultra mammoth you speak of?

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  11. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree its the closest it came to cancellation but i think thats down to two reasons. Both of which stem from the fact that its also the longest time without a cartoon, its the cartoons that keep the line alive.

First, g1, survived solely on its target market, without a cartoon it wasnt going to get a lot of new audience, back in the day you had cartoons for everything else on shelves, kids want what they seen on tv.

Second its original audience was in late teens probably stopping buy toys and focusing on drink and girls? I know i was. Newer lines have got a bigger fanbase as it has the new fans of each new cartoon and movie as well as The loyal fans from previous lines

If after beast wars they went with no new material would it have still survived? If no new cartoon was out for say 3 years now would they still be as popular?

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    If the best Hasbro can do is stick Classics heads on PRIME and Movie bodies, then you should be glad that Beast eras are neglected.

Besides, Cnheetor, Dinobot and some Leo- figure have been made.

What kid has given a crap about any of the G1 CHUG we've been given so far?

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    At this stage in the game, it seems like they only care about the "new." Movie fans won't get their Soundwaves or Leadfoots, Trailbreaker or Gears won't have anything from the 40 new FOC figures, RID fans have to pay more once again this time for Scourge, Cybertron fans are stuck with bad toys, and 10 years later, Armada fans only get the crappy electronics half of Armada toys, unless you live in Japan, where they get fun gimmicks.

14. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

How about they focus on the other g1 figures first please. We need trail breaker , hoist, other combiners etc first. If they start on beast wars, we will never get the g1 guys. At least not until my son is grown

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    G1 will never leave. Hasbro done mixed waves of g1 and other series in universe and generations. Beast wars and rid deserve more toys.

16. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not toys, but BW II and BW Neo DVD boxsets are released for the first time in Japan (II was out in October last year, and Neo is to be released next month) I'm still being positive :) 

17. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Who knows if Beast Wars will have a renaissance like G2 has had the last couple of years through Botcon exclusives or retail. I think 96-2000 was and will always be Beast dominated era!

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

That's mainly to differentiate the character from Bumblebee, since Hasbro actually does have that trademark now, unlike during the Unicron Trilogy.

19. Rdfnd1253

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think that's somewhat of the point to this thread. Outside of the mainline, Hasbro IS focusing on G1 figures first ...