Anybody else about to save a ton of money on toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lebowski, Mar 12, 2009.

1. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm hearing you, I wasn't terribly interested in the first movies toys(although I do have a few) and the new movie toys don't interest me much either.

Nothing wrong with them, I'm just not into them.

2. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I'll be skipping some of the Movie line. They don't appeal to me as much as the first movie toys did. I'll be directing some of that money on some of the Encores and maybe the Alternity line, so no I won't be saving a ton of money but I will have Transformers that I want.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm a transformer collector, i'll buy from any lines, because i enjoy owning them, transforming them, and what not, and displaying them, and isn't that all that matters? and even if i was not planning on buying ROTF toys, i'd just be spending that money on older toys, like g1's anyways... :lol 

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I'll find myself collecting repaints from other lines.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, I guess someone HAD to say it. :lol 

As far as the TF2 Movie Toys are concerned, yeah, I can understand how the author of this thread feels. I WILL be getting movie toys, but only a select few. Right now it is going to be:

Leader Optimus Prime. Looks too good to pass up on.
    Voyager Starscream. Better alt mode, less kibbles n' bits, n' bits, n' bits. ;) 
    Deluxe Sideswipe. A good Deluxe.

Maybe:

Leader Megatron. That tank mode looks cool.
    Voyager Ironhide. Because the TF1 one broke his foot. :( 

While I am confident I will love the upcoming movie, the toys are just not appealing with the exception of the ones listed above.

I've really splurged on the Universe and Animated lines. I want to get other things like more DCUC, Marvel Legends, and GI Joes, and soon, I can. But I'm going to be limiting myself in general because I want a Dodge Challenger R/T.

6. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I thought that I was going to be saving a ton of money, but then I saw Leader Class Optimus and Megatron.

And as we all know, once you've got two...

7. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only purchases i'll make with the ROTF line are the energon repaints, and thats if we get them in the UK. Other then that, Henkei Red Alert and Smokescreen, and MP Grimlock which is already paid for. Looks like it will be a lean summer for me.

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The only Transformers I will be buying this year, out of the what's been announced so far, are MP Grimlock, Animated Arcee and...and...I think that's it. If that Animated Activators Soundwave ever comes out I'll nab him. Same for the cybertron version of Animated Ratchet. But yeah, for the most part Transformers is dead to me this year. I'm not even planning on seeing the film.

9. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Well since i just started collecting again and have picked up recently Henkei Optimus, Astrotrain, and Inferno, am still debating whether to get Universe sunstreaker and prowl. And am debating whether to pony up $35 + shipping for the Encore Jazz. ugh, tough decisions. Is BBTS the main site that people here buy from? Or is there another reliable (in terms of price/selection) source for TF's. Thanks!

10. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will be skipping ROTF. Last time I only bought the bots from the movie which proved to save me money. But this year there's a lot more and with devestator plus devestator limbs I was looking to spend roughly 350-400 bucks.

So skipping those (saving for a wedding)

But anything classics or animated I'll buy the shit out of. And there are lots of upgrade kits coming that I can't wait to get and want to get my hands on a couple of botcon exclusives hopefully. Depends on my disposable income at the time.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not.

Movie lines are the only lines that get good supply in my area so I'll probably spend the hell out of my money.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I can say is, I'm going to be SO freaking poorer than poor come the end of June. Botcon, ROTF toys, video games, books.... I think I need another job.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think I'm going to need to hold the ROTF toys in my hands to decide, but as of now, I'm really not looking forward to purchasing any of them. It's a shame, because I loved the TF1 toys, but these are severely lacking in my eyes.

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm about to lose a whole lot of money this year Mostly on movie toys.

15. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I have to agree...I just bought my holy grail, a MIB Victory Leo, also MP Grimlock...I think I will be slowing down now.

In all honesty, the only things I want for the next year would be Leader Megatron, Prime, and Jetfire from the ROTF line. I might get the voyager Starscream as well, as the original version is lame next to it.

That's it. I see nothing, no nothing else on the horizon for the future in terms of TFs. I could always save up for that MIB Overlord I have always wanted, so it's not all bad, I suppose.