Customs: Anybody do parts dying?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by POSSESSED_DIGIT, Sep 7, 2012.

1. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Howdy. Looking for a customizer who does parts dying. I took the gray parts off of the various Classics Bumblebee molds and combined them on one frame. I would like them dyed to match the Renderform Goldbug head's dark blue. Anybody here do that? Or know someone who does?
    Thanks in advance.

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I've done a fair bit of dying, and I even have a turorial that I could probably dig up if you needed some detailed instructions, but given what you've described here, it'll be just about impossible to dye-match the parts to the Renderform head's color.

You MIGHT get pretty close, but not an exact match (unless you happen to get super lucky and all the stars and planets align in your favor)

And from what you've described, it'll be nigh impossible to even get your dyed parts to match EACHOTHER correctly. Different parts taken from different toys means you probably have different plastics (ABS vs. "unpaintable" nylon etc.), and probably slightly diffrent shades of gray.

With parts in the exact same material/color in the exact same condition, it's VERY tricky to get them all the exact same shade (this is one you can master with practice, however), once you start looking at different colors/materials, it once again becomes nearly impossible to get it perfect.

I LOVE dying toys (I'm probably one of the bigger proponents in the fandom), but like all artistic mediums, it's not a magic solution, and it has specific limitations that you can mitigate, but never overcome.

D/L

3. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    I believe most of the grays came from Cliffjumper. So they're basically the same toy. What didn't came from the bumblebee mold, I presume(I did this awhile ago. Memorys a bit foggy). But as long as they're fairly close, I'd be happy. Plus, if they don't come out right, they could be dyed to a purplish shade & they can go to my Wasp toy (a broken mismatched Classics Bee that I rigged to fall apart haha). Anyway, if you'd be willing to try, could you send me a pm? Thanks!

4. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    Hrm. Now I'm thinking of doing my Wasp toy instead haha