Anybody checked out Super Robot Wars OG

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by slugslinger2004, Oct 30, 2006.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The show, not the game :p . I just got the first 2 epidodes off TV nihon and I'm really impressed. And I don't even really watch anime besides transformers (and a few Brave shows.) Anybody else checked it out?

2. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

got the 2nd ep torrenting at the mo, wish they'd stuck with cel-shading for the bots though, their 3D isn't meshing with the backgrounds so well IMO

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's two Super Robot Wars anime / OVA - the original, intro song Meikyuu no Prisoner, that's the one TV Nihon subbed the first two of. It's a lead in the the third OG GBA game, and is 100% cel-animated.
    The other one is SRW OG Divine Wars, currently only being subbed by Spirits of Steel. It uses CGI for the robots, and as far as I know it acts as an adaptation of the first OG game (continuity wise, then, it ought to happen before the OVA, in spite of the OVA being made first).

Both seem to be pretty good from what I've seen, I really mean to sit down and watch them sometime.