Anybody Caring More About TFP Season 2 Than TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, May 14, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I have tried. But for some reason, everytime a piece of TF3 news is released, I just keep thinking what future episodes of "Transformers Prime" are going to be about. Especially season 2 episodes.

Now don't get me wrong. I actually read the plot for TF3, and to be honest, it doesn't sound bad at all. It sounds like a decent plot given the material from the last two films the writer had to work with. I would never say that about the first two movies. But this one sounds good. I just don't care for it for some reason. "Transformers Prime" is the future take on Transformers I envisioned that the movies just never came close to. The robots are the main characters and focus, not some cheesy human love story. And even the humans are better in TFP than the movies. Anyone else feeling the same way?

2. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    im not being mean or anything, but your crazy.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh, I'd say I care about them both equally as much.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im looking forward to both. Especially the toys that will see eventual release!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I would say that I "care more about it", but I'm definitely more excited for TFP season 2 than I am DotM. Then again, I'm more excited for TFP in general than I am DotM. Most especially the toy-line.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i'm more psyched about DOTM than Prime, though thats solely because of the fact that DOTM is probably the end for a while. Prime will continue, so no rush.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No. i Care More of DOTM than Prime

8. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Not sure. While I'm riled up for more Prime, nothing the show did ever got me more pumped than the DOTM trailer.

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Word. Have some bro knuckles.

It's a similar feeling to the first movie compared to TFA, though not as strong.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, season 1 isn't even done yet. I'll start caring about season 2 after this one is actualy, yknow, over.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm not.

TFPrime is getting kinda slow for me. DOTM is looking incredible, though.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Not really. It's all DOTM for me right now.

I say that because Prime is beginning to get a little stale. And I don't mean that in a purely negative way, it's just ... we spent how many episodes without Megatron? We've been introduced to one new Autobot (Wheeljack), and four new Decepticons (Breakdown, Knock Out, Skyquake, Airachnid) ... of which one is a character we've seen in two different series (Airachnid = BW Black Arachnia, Animated Black Arachnia), one character is MIA (Skyquake), one is your simple "so we don't use "troopers" all the time" (Breakdown), and the other is nothing more than a schemer who hasn't actually done anything in the last xx episodes (Knock Out).

If not for the fact that Transformers Prime is using previous series mythos to keep things fresh (that plague was more or less "Cosmic Rust", Scraplets, Airachnid was just another Black Arachnia episode), it would be actually pretty boring.

And for those saying "THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE HUMANS FOR ONCE!" ... really? REALLY? This series focuses more on Jack, Miko, and the little nerd kid more than Animated focused on Sari. EVERY SINGLE STORY involves one of those little kids. If you somehow say that Prime doesn't focus on the kids, you need to take off the rose-tinted glasses and realize that's the main point of the show - AUTOBOTS INTERACTING WITH KIDS.

The only difference is a more adult-oriented writing. That's it. Otherwise, same concept that Animated used and Armada/Energon/Cybertron used.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    yeah

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Con Job? Masters and Students? Sick Mind?

The show does have the human/robot interation as one of it's main points, but they're not the focus everytime. EVERY SINGLE ONE is some pretty strong exaggeration.

Also I disagree, Airachnid isn't Blackarachnia at all. She's not the usual "female villain is good deep inside oh my gosh!", she's a cruel, ruthless predator-style trophy collectors. The only similarity with Blackrachnia is the spider theme and maybe color scheme but quite frankly, black and purple fit TOO well with spiders not to use.

15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I honestly think that between Renegades, Friendship is Magic and TF Prime, that Prime is the weakest of the three. I mean, I watch it since I tune in to the Hub all the time, but I'm usually not looking forward. I only look forward to episodes with Knockout in it, and Sick Mind/Out of His Head were fantastic. For me the series FINALLY picked up again with Megatron coming back.

The characters are great, but the plot itself just seems pretty blah. It's slow moving and FINALLY something happened that's interesting. It felt like a long time...and it really was since Convoy, which I felt is one of the BEST eps of the season hands down. Needs more episodes like that. I'm not a dumb viewer and I pay attention when I watch stuff, so it's telling when I can't remember details from various Prime eps...because if it's a show I like, I can remember details from eps from past seasons relatively easy.

So far I'm looking more interested in DOTM. It seems to have promise and definitely better than ROTF already from all the spoilers. If Prime can keep up the pace and excitement of the last two episodes I'll be very happy.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Both actually. Tho I like Prime more.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm surprised why people want to know about season 2 of Prime when season 1 is only halfway.

But as some others have said, Prime is getting a bit stale for me..meanwhile I'm having some sort of ungrounded hope that DOTM will redeem the trainwreck that was ROTF. Definitely more interested in DOTM.

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    A female villain who really holds no allegiance though calls herself a ______. Ruthless, willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish her own set of goals. Speaks with the "I'm going to kick your ass while being sexy" type of voice. Has ties to characters on the ________ faction.

Who did I just describe?

If you said "BEAST WARS BLACK ARACHNIA!" or "ANIMATED BLACK ARACHNIA!" or "PRIME AIRACHNID!" you win a prize.

Hint: First _____ can be Decepticon or Predacon, second ______ can be Autobot or Maximal.

But I just described to you the same character now used in three separate shows/continuities. There is nothing original about her save the name.

19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

No. First thing's first.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the reason why I am looking forward to Season 2 is because I don't think season 1 will get into the mythology at all. So far it seems like nothing more than stand-alone episodes that introduce new characters. That's fine. You need to introduce everyone first. But the series is called "Prime" for a reason and so far, Optimus hasn't been developed all that much. And we really don't know that much about him. He just seems like he's there to be bland and give epic speeches and that's all. Seems like they are focussing alot more on Arcee, Bee, and even Bulkhead. But maybe they want to get them out of the way first before delving into Optimus.