anybody buying cars 2 cars?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, May 17, 2011.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I know a lot of people got burned by scalpers getting all of the cars for the first few months when the first movie came out. I decided to get mine before the movie came out and the rush hit. got my first batch today, on the way home from buying my wife a real car :) 

Attached Files:

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I've decided to not tell my kids about the Cars 2 toys :lol 

3. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I bought a Finn McMissile a couple weeks back, it pre-sold itself to me when I heard Michael Caine's voice in the trailer months ago.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "guns-and-weapons-everywhere" version. I've seen the deluxe one with submarine gear, as well as a Walmart-exclusive 2-pack where he has a gun mounted on his right side.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    if they do something that involves a real nascar driver like they di dlast time with Dale Jr. sure

but only if its Jimmie Johnson in the #48, but I do know about Jeff Gordon ie Jeff Gorvette

5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a collector on the first film, I'm pretty sure there's no under-saturation of the marketplace for the sequel.

We've seen this with a number of toylines: the first film's offerings were not there and sold out fast...so when the sequel comes, throw everything at the consumers!

I remember they did that with POTC:D ead Man's Chest...and I don't think those figures moved at all in the toy aisles.

The only thing of value are going to probably be misnamed cardbacks and things like that. We don't have anything as wild as the short-packed Lizzie or lead-paint-recall-Sarge this time.

6. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the look of them, but there's been a price rise over here that's put me off. Also, there were a bunch that didn't get released here for the first movie, which has put me off trying to collect the ones from the sequel.

Having said that though, I'm waiting to see if they release the new Fiat 500s, as I'd buy one of those. The bus is also pretty tempting, as will be the taxi if it gets made.

7. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I admittedly went a little crazy with the first movie, so I decided to only get a few of the new characters from the second. I've purchased Finn McMissile, Holley Shiftwell w/Fred Fishbowski (the only way I could find Holley), Miles Axelrod, Rod "Torque" Redline and Francesco Bernoulli. That will be it for this toyline. It's kind of nice completing a series so quickly! It doesn't happen often for me... :lol 

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disney went nuts with the Cars 2 merchandise, more than they did with Toy Story 3 which you still can find even now. The only ones that I bought were Mater, Lightning McQueen, and a yellow Corvette I can't remember the name of right now. I would not mind the red Semi Truck, but at the prices they want for these toys, I am going to have to pass unless it goes on sale.

9. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell. I might get more, but I'm not sure.