Anybody actually owns the new Japanese Movie Leader Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oktoberfest, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest Well-Known Member

Hi.

Does anybody here already own a Japanese Movie Leader Class Optimus Prime?
    I would like to know if it is indeed made from plastic or if contains any metal diecast (for example chest area or lower arm area).

Otherwise, are there any differences to the US release?

Please answers only by real owners, no speculations or photo-analysis again.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Oktoberfest

2. NegaPrime

NegaPrime Banned

The Japanese movie toys (with the exception of Bumblebee who has clear plastic windows and clear plastic missiles) are nothing more than Hasbro US releases with a sticker on the box w/ the Japanese movie logo sticker on it. There will be NO addition of diecast parts for the Japanese releases. Same box, same toy, same paint apps, etc.

On a related note, there have been rumors (mostly preorders on Hobbylink Japan) that state new, different molds for Japanese only releases. I have a hard time buying this info seeing how TakaraTomy has seriously downgraded their TF lines, and are simply importing Hasbro versions of the movie toys. It's possible, but unlikely.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I believe Japan's Movie Leader is going to have Chrome, but don't know about Diecast.

4. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    ... Have you SEEN the Japanese Bumblebee? Clearly they're not just US toys - they DO use the same packages, but they're made separately.

I have the Japanese Prime - from what I can tell from online pictures, his colors may be slightly different - but you know how light can make things seem different. There is no diecast and no chroming.

5. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Does it have the sparkly plastic on the grey parts as seen in superlink toys such as omega supreme and megazarak?

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    BB is the only different toy, all the others are the same (save for the Real Gear stickers).

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's my understanding that Bumblebee is the exception to the rule for the Japanese movie toys. The others are supposed to be identical, but until someone has them all in hand (I will at some point, provided BBTS makes them available) we don't know for sure.

8. BraveMax

News Credits:
    No - I think it's more or less the usual grey?

Well - that's two differences. I'll bet you you'll find others if you compare them. Why change some toys and not others? That makes very little sense.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    You're just into wishful thinking zone. They're just North American toys with a sticker, except for the repackaged FABs. We've seen that before. Because it's Takara doesn't mean it's automatically superior, it's not.

10. Nightscream

Ebay:
    But I want sparkly grey! Oh well, it saves me money I guess.

11. BraveMax

News Credits:
    What makes you think I feel that way?

I'm simply suggesting that running changes on 5 figures in a line would seem to suggest that they aren't exactly incapable of changing the figures. Logically, that would imply that there's some divide between the Hasbro figs and the Takara figs. Ergo, I'm simply assuming that there are other differences.

Sadly, I have no means of comparing the Japanese versions to the US ones for paint shade differences, etc..., so...

12. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Anyone actually bothered to read his entire post?

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does it count if I say I'm from Asia (Singapore) and although I could buy the Japanese version of Leader Prime, I passed him up because there apppears to be slight colour differences...so minimal that I couldn't tell them apart? ;) 

Anyway, I would like to confirm that the only one that is different is...Bumblebee.

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Movie Prime with diecast will be awesome.

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

16. BraveMax

News Credits:
    ... Except that I own the Japanese Movie Prime. I do, in fact, live in Tokyo at the moment and have therefore bought only Japanese versions of the toys to date. No die cast on Prime.

And it's confirmed that not just Bumblebee, but the entire of the Real Gear series have been altered - I'm sitting here looking at a Spyshot that proves that. Oh - and the FAB toys, inexplicably, have completely different packaging. Perhaps they thought the concept wouldn't sell in Japan?

Ergo, having seen ONLY the Japanese versions, it's impossible for me to tell if there are paint shade variances too - though if BB is different, I wouldn't be surprised if more were different in SOME way.

My original point was that they clearly AREN'T simply taking Hasbro versions and slapping a sticker on them - because Japanese BB has that sticker too - they're producing the toys for their market and re-using American packaging templates.

17. Nightscream

Ebay:
    BraveMax: please study the TFkenkon galleries closely and tell us if there are any missing paint details on the hasbro versions :) 

18. BraveMax

News Credits:
    Lol.

That's not a bad idea. So far, though, I haven't noticed any different paint apps except on BB - where the "battle damage" or whatever is clearly a little different. Shades are what I'm guessing might be different... I'll check later and see if anything else pops out at me on the other toys.

19. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    The post is directed at people who continue to speculate, not to someone who followed the original poster's intention. So there is no need for you to get sarcastic.

20. BraveMax

News Credits:
    Sorry - that was more directed at the person confirming that the only one different was Bumblebee. And the person still suggesting Prime was DieCast.

Got carried away, sorry ^_^()