Any word on the new 6" Titaniums??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, Jun 17, 2007.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I havent seen anything on them namely WWI Prowel, WWI Grimlock, and the rest of them all but nothing has been said about them. I like all the movie figures and all but to cut off everything on all other lines of TF's is kind of sad.

2. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

wwi skywarp

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The 6" Titanium line has kind of stalled. The Fallen/Cheetor, Magnus/WWI Megs, and WWI Magnus/Sunstorm waves are all still waiting to hit shelves, even though they've been available from online stores for months. I blame Target not carrying them anymore for part of this. I'd hoped that the movie toys hitting would get more Tits out on the shelves, but that hasn't happened as far as I can tell. :( 

As for new figures, we'll probably see Prowl and some more upcoming figures at Botcon.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm betting that they're on hiatus until after the movie line fizzles. Which, while I don't agree with it, makes sense from a marketing stand point. Push the movie and only the movie merchandise while it's hot ya know?

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's probably not even an intentional hiatus, there's just so much on the shelves for the movie stores probably dont want to crowd things more with non-movie product.

6. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

Most stores won't carry any line that will conflict with a current movie line. The last few waves of the Mattel Batman comic line where not picked up as it would draw revenue away from the Batman Begins lines. I imagine similar logic applies here. It's all about the movie bots till the fall, probably.

I just want to hear more about that alleged Arcee figure! I got G1 Ultra Magnus on eBay (cheaper than most, but still took one in the shorts) and my K-Mart still has the Rodimus/Soundwave wave in stock (got both this weekend). My TRU had a lone Soundwave last week. I saw Optimal Optimus, and WII Starscream 3 or 4 months ago at WM, but nothing since. Still beating myself up for not grabbing Starscream. I really want the remaining WII figures, but can't afford the eBay prices so I'm gonna have to hold out till they hit retail with more regularity.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that at Botcon, we'll see the Cosmos that was rumored some time ago, along with Arcee. Maybe even a G1 Galvatron too, to go with Scourge.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

hey zombie, fallen is on Hasbro toy shop and BBTS, if youre lookin to pick him up, and supposedly a prime megs two pack was street date released last friday for toys r us.

but i havent seen a single figure since rodimus

9. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    WWI Grimlock, Soundblaster w/ Ravage, and Primal Prime are on Preorder at Golden Age toys in Canada. No Prowl which is really odd.

Check it here

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Thanks for posting that link...

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That probably is closer to the truth. I mean, while most of the Targets in the area had stopped carrying them after Christmas... most of the K-Marts (believe it or not I actually saw the RID Prime wave at K-Mart) and Wal-Marts around here kept carrying them. However, they're clearancing them now that the movie stuff is going on the shelf along with all the Cybertron and Classics that are left at these places. Target cleared their's out long ago to be ready for this.

I think the only reason people haven't seen anything past wave four in the stores for the most part though has more to do with the oversaturation of wave three that occured during the holidays. Really, there's only so many Scourge and Primal figures people are going to buy! :lol 

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Meh, Golden Age is great for having tons of things on pre-order for months on end but never actually in stock, so these listings don't really count for much.

It's too bad - while I've buckled and ended up buying some of the movie figures afterall, the new WW Titaniums are the only new figures that I've actually been looking forward to.

13. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'd expect we'll see more in the fall after the movie line calms down. We just recently saw the prototype for WW Prowl when we got our first look at SDCC Menasor so it's probably a ways off anyway, and considering that's the only new Titanium we've seen, I expect Hasbro knew the hiatus was coming, the last two waves just got really mixed up in the transition.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Entertainment Earth had a listing for 2007 Wave 6 of the six inchers, but removed it when they put the movie stuff up. The case included 1x WWI Grimlock, 1x G1 Soundblaster w/ Ravage and 1x Wreckers Primal Prime.
    Here's the link for the removed case.
    DN

15. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Well I have preordered most of my Titaniums from them and the last wave they posted months before hand and it came through. Give 'em try sometime.

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

So is it going to be WWI Grimlock?

17. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Most likely since we have seen pics surface earlier this year. Botcon will confirm this for sure.

18. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I've got everything up through Soundwave and Cheetor, but I'm starting to suspect that the ones past those are cruel hoaxes perpetrated by the online retailers. Seriously, the 6" Titaniums are as bad or worse than the Alternators were for distribution.

And I loathe to buy current line TFs online since I can't inspect for major paint flaws.