Any word on the 2nd movie game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has there been any talk?

2. 13eelzebub

13eelzebub Well-Known Member

Besides the title being called "Transformers 2: The Ultimate Battle" ?

But the first game was shit imo (levels were pretty repetitive) ... I personally cant see how even the most hardcore tf fan could enjoy it lol.

3. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    it's being developed by the same parent developer, but a different subdeveloper(not Tt).
    apparently both sides of the story will be told again, and i remember a news post a few months back mentioning the possibility of transforming into weapons.
    the speculation is that they will reuse the engine from the first game, but overhaul it so that gameplay is improved(kind of like the wind waker engine was overhauled for twilight princess, or the various incarnations of the GTA game engines from iii to san andreas).

i enjoyed it once i got some unlockable content, and the cutscenes were fairly well done considering how quickly the game was churned out
    plus the ds games were mad
    the collecting hundreds of cubes got old fast, as did the inability for one to use projectile weapons against other transformers(serious, the hell?!?), the level where bumblebee is driving around the exploding dam, fairly glitched and restricted movement, the inability to transform(or do anything) midair, the impossible to hit/dodge longarm drones and the enforced "battle zone" were fairly aggravating
    but my biggest gripe is the fact that welker's voicing of megatron kills it unless you have G1 megs skin on and ignore any cutscenes. the g1 fanboy in me died a little when after finally getting to play a game as megatron the experience was unpleasant
    (i still think a nextgen g1/bw game with the old VA's would be awesome if any suits decide to read this)

i guess it can be enjoyed it you're really patient and ignore the faults

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i enjoyed the first game

hated the fact that welker was megatron [that voice just does not fit the movie-verse. im sorry]

but it was fun

there were things they coulda done better for sure but i was left entertained for awhile

im sure i'll pick up the next one too. the talk of multiplayer has me pretty intrigued. wonder how they'll pull it off

5. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    they could make it an fps(or 3ps) multiplayer based around individual machines, or they can have all out online brawls/races/stunt thingms

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given the track record of movie related games I wouldn't hold out hope. There just aren't many movie related games that are built around fun instead of the slap some popular characters onto a game that never would have sold without the movie to put it.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the Ps3 version which I just got for Christmas. I had the Wii version but it was horrible. I hope there is online mulitplayer and downloadable conent.

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Man, if you thought the console TF1 game was bad, you should've played the PSP one. It was awful.

9. sideswipe119

sideswipe119 Banned

yea its gunna b gay ust like the first movie and the first movie game

10. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    except for Spider-Man 2, now that rocked. Other than that, the rest are all pieces of crap!

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Funny how I just got that for Christmas!

I had played it before when I rented it from Blockbuster, and kept forgetting to buy it. I still view it as the definitive Spider-Man video game.

The first spider-man movie game is also very good, but it does not have as much to do and it's linear game play reminds me of the Spider-Man game that was made for the Nintendo 64.
    Basically when web swinging if you fall to the ground, you die. However, don't be deterred by this, as there are also many on ground and interior levels so it's a nice mix between on ground, inside buildings, outside buildings, on rooftops, and up in the air. The battle arena (basically fight x amount of enemies until you die) was kinda stupid. There's also tons of alternate costumes to be unlocked, and neat mini games.

^What does greatly redeem that game though is that you can replay through the entire thing as the Green Goblin and use his own unique moves and arsenal of weaponry. Plus, the glider is WAY easier to operate and faster. you'll be zipping around the city and literally FLYING through the levels with it.

Oh, and the training tutorials are narrated by none other than Bruce Campbell! Groovy!

As for the third Spider-Man game though, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE no matter how tempted you are to have all 3 movie games.

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I just hope the ROTF Wii version has Wi-Fi Connection. That was the only thing that I saw missing the TF1 Wii version.

13. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    take your presumptive butthurt elsewhere

14. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

i just hope they keep the create-a-bot feature in the ds game (which was good). i don't realy care for the console version.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yes that one is a really good example of movie tie in games don't have to be bad games.

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    The first game was just ass for me. What makes Activision think that the next game will be better? They should have learned by now that movie-licensed games (except for Spider-Man 2) will suck. It's like a law or something.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I agree completely. But the worst part is, the first TF game COULD'VE been good if they changed some stuff, mixed it up a bit and changed how the levels were set up.

18. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    The worst thing they did to that game were the "action zones." OH MY F***ING GOD WHY?!? WHY?!?!!?

Open-ended my ass! You couldn't even fly around, let alone drive. Wanting to fly around with Megatron while fighting Prime just wasn't possible.

Those zones weren't even needed because if you did leave a battle, the enemies would still will follow you and attack so keeping the player confined to a small area was unbelievably stupid and severely limited what they could do!

Just getting rid of the action zones would have made that game SO MUCH BETTER.

19. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    optimus prime vs starscream, no action zones

[​IMG]

20. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    not to get pedantic, but that's ultra magnus

touche though