Any word on if Classic Transformers are continuing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Csolowalt, May 2, 2007.

1. Csolowalt

Csolowalt Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've been on here. After doing a few searches I'm still left wondering- has there been any word if the classic line will continue after the movie? I've noticed Target had all the classic on clearance last time I was there. Hoping it's not a bad sign.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    It all hinges on whether or not Hasbro believes they sold well enough for it to continue. That was the logic from the onset of the line.

If we're talking from what I've seen at retail? I honestly think they did sell well. Most stores here in the Bay Area are moving Classics fairly well. Unlike the Cybertron stuff still clogging the shelves at some stores.

So no, I wouldn't be surprised if the line does continue.

3. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I hope they do continue. I wish I could voice my support over the line, somehow. But I did the best I could by... well, purchasing every single figure in the series. Except for the Devestator set, anyway. I mean, even if they could keep it as a collector's exclusive line, like Marvel Select or DC Direct stuff. Ship it directly to specialty shops, sell only enough to meet the demand, etc...

4. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

You haven't missed any announcements. With the exception of the BotCon figures, the line is done for now. This years exclusive BotCon figures are Dirge (a repaint of Ramjet), Thundercracker (a repaint of Starscream), Thrust (a retool of Starscream with a Ramjet-style cone head and proper Thrust wings), Bugbite (a white repaint of Bumblebee), and Dreadwind (a presumably teal repaint of Jetfire with a new head and/or helmet that we actually haven't seen yet except in the 5-page preview of this year's BotCon comic).

Presumably we will get more information at BotCon in a few months. The fans seem to like the line, and from what I've seen it sold at least as well as Cybertron did.

5. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Done, dead, buried.

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Slightly off-topic: a month or so ago, I had the brilliant idea that a Transformers fandom FAQ should be compiled. Of course, I lack the motivation to actually do this. Nevertheless, this question seems to come up every week - not to mention the "why isn't Bumblebee a VW Beetle anymore???" and other such things.

Back on topic: I hate that the Seekers are (probably) not going to be put into general release, as I've yet to complete a single repaint/kitbash project, and I do so wish that they'd consider continuing the line. Perhaps they could do it like the Marvel Legends line - aimed at collectors and with a slow release schedule, but still available in major retailers. One can only hope. (And beg.)

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    It's over.

I'm actually glad it is since the toys will go up in value in years to come because the series was so short lived.

What will also be surprising in retrospect is the quality of this line compared to the horrible movie line that followed it.

A lot of people on this board call it a 'filler' line, and I can only agree insofar as where it was placed according to the others. But it doesn't seem like a filler line when you consider how many awesome molds were made (remade?) and the great characters that were brought back.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Much as i hate to admit it, if as Hasbro say, Transformers did grow as a brand in the first quarter, since Classics was the main line during that quarter, then the odds are they did sell well. That said, rather than Classics returning It may perhaps result in more homage style toys in future lines instead.

Thanks for your OPINION.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably the earliest anyone will hear anything about the future (or lack of) for Classics is Botcon, and it's quite likely that will be "no plans at this time".

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    classic = hasbro cocktease

11. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    :lolol