Any way to tell Collection Takara Reissue VS Commemorative Series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shinobisgreensh, May 29, 2014.

1. shinobisgreensh

shinobisgreensh Well-Known Member

Hey folks, is there any way to tell the Takara reissues apart from the Commemorative Series or Encores? I can't find any sort of comparisons online - I know some have mould or colour differences, but others like Lambor / Sideswipe seem identical. Can anyone shed any light on this?

2. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i believe the weapons are different colors.. i could be wrong though.

i think takara uses chrome and hasbro just uses molded plastic.. but again, i could be wrong.. i'm not sure about the figures themselves.

i'm sure someone on here knows.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The lauchers in the Hasbro releases won't work for safety reasons UNLESS the missiles were modified and made comically large. So if they're identical by appearance, the functionality of the launcher is how you'd tell.

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Definitely the weapons are different. Hasbro's are a lot longer an mainly all plastic , as where Takaras are sometimes chromed an have a nicer fit just like they did back when first released. Hasbros Optimus an ultra Magnus smoke stacks have been shortened as well so you don't poke your eye out or decide to somehow stab someone with it.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Lambor/Sideswipe have a difference with the rivet in the roof. It's hard to notice until you have both in hand. The roof on the Takara one will go flatter against his back than the Hasbro one due to it having a thinner rivet that fits between the rails better.

Most of the differences are small things like that. Are you buying them loose? I figured most of these figures were owned by collectors who would have kept the boxes.

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I have mine still. Shockingly. I have Takaras TFC from 00 to I think 20 ? I'm missing Blaster. Anyways though , IMO the boxes are the best parts. Esp the little catalogs in each.

8. shinobisgreensh

Sadly no boxes, these are loose and I have a lot of them! Some are easy (stepper has gold for Takara for example) but others like Inferno and Lambor I'm still struggling with. I tried the launcher for Lambor but both seem to work and I'm pretty sure only one is Takara

9. shinobisgreensh

Thanks for all the responses so far by the way, really appreciate it. I really though they would have made it easier to classify them, for example with the stamp, but no such luck!