Any way to increase stability of PCC combiners limbs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leemaster777, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    So, I've recently bought a whole bunch of PCC figures. I'm having an issue, though.

I'm trying out the Destructicon drones on Smolder, which I think looks absolutely awesome together. Only trouble is, the red foot drone will simply NOT stay on. It's not the blue nub, I'm sure of it. He has the same trouble on both legs. It's definitely the drone.

Basically, is there any way to increase the stability of the drone limbs for PCC figures?

2. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've had the same issue with the PCC's I've owned. It's not the blue plug, but the female port on the drone limbs that are the issue -- their inner tabs are sometimes not large enough to provide a solid connection (particularly with the spring mechanism/door always pressing against it).

You could try for a permanent solution of superglue or epoxy, as the blue plugs are molded around a metal peg - the limb would retain swivel articulation -- and the knee joint is always above the blue plug anyhow.

Either that, or get some of the TFC Iron Army sets. Those things have a remarkably great hold on any PCC commander figure I've plugged them into.

3. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    So, coating the blue nubs in glue might fix the problem? Worth a shot. Any negative consequences for doing this? I'd hate to ruin my Smolder, he's my favorite PCC.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    It just makes the port a big thicker, so there isn't too much danger.

5. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Could do what I did and disassembled the drones, removed the springs, and put them back together. Much more stable, especially the foot drones.

6. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Ah, now that's a good idea. I'll keep that in mind if the glue doesn't work.