Customs: Any way to fix the loose cockpit on G1 seekers?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sepultron, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Sepultron

Sepultron .

If this is in the wrong forum the mods can move it. Or if there is already a thread on this topic, please let me know:

I just won a pre-rub, no letter (smooth intake) G1 Skywarp on eBay. The plastic and the die-cast are in pretty decent shape, but it suffers from the same problem that pretty much all of the early pre-ring jets do: In robot mode, the cockpit (the section with the canopy) won't stay down- It swings upward. Frustrating.

Anyway, I happened to have a junk-jet that I took apart so I could use the expander ring to fix this new (well, old) jet. I was simply going to push out the pin that the cockpit swings around on, dismantle the cockpit, slide the ring on, then put the whole thing back together. The problem is that the pin on this "new " toy WILL NOT BUDGE. Not even one millimeter. The pin on the junker slid right out with a minimal amount of force. Even more frustrating.

So I was wondering:
    Is there any way to get this pin out without damaging or destroying the toy? I would really prefer to go this route. It seems like an easy and effective solution. Well... aside from the immovable pin thing.

Or:
    Is there another way to fix this problem- To get the cockpit section to stay down and in place while in robot mode without doing something to drastically alter the appearance, etc., of the toy?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

This may sound overly simplistic and none to technical - but I've had a similar problem and I just put a tiny piece of blue tac on to bottom edge of the cockpit area (where it would meet the waist) - that seems to do the job for me.

It's a bodged job - but it's jobbed all the same!