Any thoughts on the dual sparks in Beast wars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by prime is a legend, Nov 16, 2008.

1. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Hey all, just been watching the whole of Beast Wars season 3 and I noticed something.

In the first episode when Optimus Primal becomes Optimal optimus, and takes the original Optimus Primes spark he becomes almost unbeatable due to the power and wisdom of Optimus prime. However once he gives it back to him, in the next few episodes his power seems to have lowered a little.

And then When megatron abducted the original Megatrons spark his power seemed to dwarf Optimal Optimus's, even though I would have thought their power to be relativly equal as they had both gone through the same process.

Was it because Optimal had given up Primes spark only having his own and losing a great deal of power. whereas Megatron had both his own and the original Megatrons spark in his body. Or was it just that Optimal Optimus couldn't fight for shit.

Any thoughts...

2. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much what I've always believed.

3. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with what he said.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I agree with that analysis too. If Primal had kept Prime's Spark, which was also stated as being partially absorbed into the Matrix (hence he had a bit of the Matrix too), he'd have been much more powerful. Though in all fairness a god-powerful hero like that would not have been much fun to watch as the near unbeaten records of many of the Primes since Beast Machines until Animated has shown.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say that's part of it, though the easy answer is that in most TF cartoons, the new character/toy is nearly unbeatable in their debut episode, then sinking back to a more realistic level.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    So where would this put Tigerhawk?? He was powerful but had two Maximal sparks. Does two sparks make automatically godlike?

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime and G1 Megatron I'd have to say had unique sparks. Optimus Prime obviously as the Matrix bearer (and nearing death) as we saw has a more powerful Spark than others. Hard to say about Megs, but obviously his spark was also powerful enough to cause BW Meg's to mutate into a new form as well.

Tigerhawk is another unique case. He wasn't actually created by the merging of Sparks. He was created after the Vok removed the sparks and merged Tigatron and Airazor's bodies. As such, Tigerhawk's abilities are the result of the Vok creating Tigerhawk's body, not duel Sparks.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll have to rewatch that. I guess Tigatron and Airrazor died at that point when the Sparks were removed. Tigerhawk was kind of a Sparkless Zombie then?

9. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    they yanked the sparks and then created the body and then merged the sparks and inserted them into tigerhawk's body....

There was an show when optimus was talking to tigerhawk and he made reference to having the memories and experiences from both tigatron and airrazor within himself....

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think Tigatron and Air Razor didn't die till Tigerhawk was killed by the Nemesis.

11. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

No, Tigatron and Airazor's sparks were some how able to survive outside their bodies and actually followed the Vok possessed Tigerhawk back to Earth. Once there, they found Cheetor where they finally merged into one spark and lead him to Tarantulas' layer. Once the Vok left Tigerhawk's body (and were killed along with Tarantulas), the merged spark retook possession of their merged body.

12. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

Megatron is more powerful than Optimus Prime, the only reason Optimus Prime is able to put up a fight against him is because Prime also has the power of the Matrix helping him. Remove the matrix and megatron would destroy prime.

When Primal merged sparks with Optimus he did not have the matrix, Primal only gained the power of optimus alone. When megatron merged sparks with g1 megatron megatron only gained the power of g1 megatron as well, but since g1 megatrons power is so much greater than that of g1 optimus' (sans matrix) megatron was stronger

13. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    You have to remember something, Primal was never a fighter to begin with, he was a deep space explorer. he was forced into fighting when the Axalon and its crew was ordered to intercept the Predacon ship.

14. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Nope, it makes Tigerhawk a he-she. :lol 

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Actually, if memory serves me correct, Rhinox states that Prime's spark contains the Matrix with it. Which in turn makes it especially dangerous since his spark is so powerful.

16. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

... Does Rampage count as a daul spark?

17. shadow panther

News Credits:
    no his was a single spark split into two sparks

18. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I was wondering about this too. If two sparks make a Transformer more powerful, wouldn't Rampage have been weakened by losing half of his? And wouldn't Dinobot II been a huge wuss for only having half of Rampage's spark?

19. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    So Tigerhawk is the first transgender Transformer?

I think Rampage's spark is more of an anomaly. His spark was created trying to clone Starscream's indestructible spark. Something went wrong during the experiment and they created a super strong monster. I love Rampage. I'd love for Hasbro to revisit this character both in story and in toy.

20. shadow panther

News Credits:

quite possibly, it sure made Rampage less Invincible seein as he died. As for Dinobot II his 1/2 spark was infused with the original Dinobots DNA and mutated by the TM2 Driver, so its hard to tell. but once Rampage died the Original Dinobot Persona seemed to become dominant since it was no longer a 1/2 a spark