Any teachers here (Lumpy)? I've got to take the Praxis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sixshot, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Hey fellow TFans teachers,
    I have to take the Praxis I test soon. Most people have told me it's easy. My BA is in English, so I thought I'd be cool on the reading and writing parts. I still remember most of the math I learned in high school, except calculus. Is this test something that should be studied for? Thanks.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've got some friends in teaching, and from what I recall it's not too difficult in regards to math. Are you still in school? Might not be a bad bet to call up an old advisor and get their input.

3. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

Some have told me it was easy and then I've heard from others that they struggled with it. I myself haven't taken it yet and won't for a while longer. I don't think it's anything to overly stress over. If you're nervous, many bookstores carry Praxis study books. I would study a bit just to put myself into the right mindset. Tell me how it goes that way I don't have to ask this question!

Edit: Something I like to do. Think of the dumbest teacher you ever had. Then remember that he/she had to go through all this too and made it.