any suggestions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ilikepuppies, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ilikepuppies

ilikepuppies Mighty Muggs Make Me Mad

if i wanted a universe or animated deluxe with a hard / fun transformation which one should i get? and it cant be a brick :|

2. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    I wouldn't describe Animated Shockwave as a "hard" transformation, but It was a lot of fun, and 90% of the parts transform in one way or another between Longarm and Shockwave modes. Although he's one of my fave characters, so I may be a little biased. You might wanna watch some of the video reviews to see the transformation process.

Speaking of which, I watched a video review of Cyclonus, and he looks like he has a really fun Transformation as well.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    For Universe I'd say Ironhide and Galvatron probably have the most involved transformations. Galvy is a bit prone to bits popping off, but it's easy to work around once you know what you're doing. I'd rank Galvatron over all as one of my favorite Universe toys to transform (right after Octane) - there's a lot of stuff to do in order to get him from one mode to the other.

Animated toys aren't usually as complex, but if you want a good, multi-step transformation I'd suggest Soundwave or, if low articulation doesn't bother you, Snarl. I'd also have to recommend Oil Slick, because everybody should buy Oil Slick.

4. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I agree here, Galvatron and Tankor are definitely the most fun/challenging to transform in the Universe line. I don't have many Animated figures, so I can't comment there.

5. ilikepuppies

ilikepuppies Mighty Muggs Make Me Mad

great thanks for the info :) 

6. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    just got TF:A Ultra Magnus, his transformation is fun, and all the extra weapons built in are pretty cool. Universe I'd have to say Onslaught, not overly complex but a lot of fun. Both have decent pose ability.