any suggestion to a someone starting a collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by racbgar, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only started collecting this past year, and I decided to focus on Masterpiece and Transformers: Prime. Although its really easy to feel the pull of random, cool characters in other lines. But I agree with the Cyberverse recommendation. FUN!

2. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was my first thought.

3. Coconut

Coconut Well-Known Member

You could die tomorrow, so why not enjoy today and buy some Transformers?

4. Coconut

Coconut Well-Known Member

I also got Cyberverse Megatron and Bulkhead. I keep Megatron in my car and Bulkhead at my office. These guys are so fun.

5. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Explore your resources first, whether they be the Resources tab on TFW, galleries on other Transformers site, YT review, or even some of the auctions and sales of older figures through Amazon, eBay, BigBadToyStore, etc.

Try to get a feel with what Transformers stuff you WANT, not want you think you might want. It's really easy to start buying impulsively; getting too carried away might leave you spending hundreds of dollars on this you regret buying later. Start out small too (both class size and $$$$, a few deluxes you find interesting won't break the bank).

Here's my approach to it. I love G1, but I would prefer having more modern versions of the characters instead of the old, clunky, and sometimes expensive stuff on ebay. So I buy the Generations figures. I also love the TF Prime stuff. My interest in the movie figures themselves waned, and I thought Animated figures, on the whole, had too much QC issues. Prime is basically taking the best of both styles, so that's why I collect it (that, and I love the show).

6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Stay away from the movie stuff.