any set of bots/cons can become a combiner team?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Sep 13, 2017.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Well-Known Member

Facebook:

what if it plays out such a way that the set of bots or cons in the team are litersally putting theirselves through hell style training in the sense that they letierally have to earn their fullbody upgrades/force their bodies to evolve to that point over time/ but with it still being equal parts positive chemistry and shared positive goals /other stuff you just listed to make that spontaneous combiner fusion happen

what if all cybertronians naturally have that ability from day one in their life and its just a matter of acquiring the proper criteria in day to day life to trigger the ability to manifest the ability for them to combine as a team , what if a great deal of shared greif mutual tragedy and trauma also play factors in the group of individuals in the team manifesting the ability to combine?

• Like Like x 2
  2. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    by that last part grief/tragedy trauma wise, spark bonding essentially, a desperate last ditch effort to save a fellow team mate from dying at the time the guys bleeding out all over the place and right on the edge of death , that last gasp measure as it were could just as easily save the guys life and ehnace the hell out of the rest of the team or kill them all at once freakish side effect wise , a real damned do /don't make your curse your pwer sort of element in the matter as it were

but yeah I could see a unique group of individuals like that in a situation like that trigger their ability to spontaneously combine

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    After voting for the Combiner Wars fan combiner to come from the Sea of Rust, I think the majority of fans suddenly believed we could get all-new molds of a female combing Junkion team...and thus ended up with what we did (Victorion) and the disappointment that came with it.

4. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All that is required are combination ports

5. Zoingo

Zoingo Newby customizer

That I like a bit more, the characters having to earn this power boost. Not only does the whole group have to train with each other to make sure they're at about the same state in order to kickstart this metamorphosis, but also be on the same par with each other mentally if they want to combine properly.

Tragedy could also be fun story wise. I'm just imaging something/one equivalent to a .1%er being sent to wipe out a village or military base. They go in, kick ass, take names, and leave the whole place desolated. Somehow, a group of people ends up surviving and through unanimous pure rage at what has happened, and hatred of the perpetrator, they combine just as the guy's leaving. Que epic fight between this .1%er and this complete Frankenstein's monster of a "combiner". Constantly screaming in an echoy, Legion style voice, metal squealing and tearing as is moves, Energon and other liquids leaking everywhere, dead limbs flailing around, you know, something really monstrous. Likely ends with some scavenger crew coming around to find the charred husk of the dead, exploded .1%er in the middle of this village/military base, with different body bits, just scattered everywhere. Something that really leaves them wondering "What happened here?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. redwolfbear

Facebook:

get the @#$% out of my head man cause I be thinking the exact same thing lol

and with time as the members of the team eventually manage to figure out how to separate back to their individual body forms through regaining memory of their individuality as a set of team members as their bodys heal it fine tunes their bodys as they become more familier with how to properly transform while combining so that they have a much more coordinated proper combiner form that best imbodies mind body and spirit working in perfect unison( try to picture something like the hulk, but with the skills training and abilities of the winter soldier thrown in for good measure copupled with elite level martial arts ninja training folks(wow theres a mental image

the power comes in response to a need not a desire , the group of individuals that would make up that combiner team in the making, have to find that need in each of their life

but yeah the pain of loss of everything they ever vauled in each of their lives of everyone they ever knew and ever loved in each of their lives could be just the thing to trigger their metamorphoise.

intense rage + a truly mind rending experience mental trauma wise+ the need for greater power =the imbodiment of that greater power

7. NaCl

NaCl Noobie who likes boobies

Not entirely sure how it went down but the Constructicons assimilated Prowl into Devastator in IDW RID. Also, I would imagine it just takes willingness and cooperation between the components, since in bios for Bruticus it mentions they don't like one another so Bruticus is simple-minded.

8. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I already have a combiner for 5 of the Autobots: Brawl as torso, Cliffjumper & Bumblebee as legs, Gears and Huffer as arms. The head would have to snap on like G1 Menasor.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. Rabid Robot

Rabid Robot Wrecker

Its all Chromedome's fault. Chromedome is awesome but he entered Prowl's mind before the lost light took off and it was a rushed job. This left Prowl endurable and the constructions got lucky there.

10. redwolfbear

Facebook:

prowl deserved it though on account of his being such a unapologetic shitbag especially concerning how his actions resulted in the death of rewind at the hands of the monsterous over lord , be a long line of fellow cybertronians itching for the opportunity to snipe the creep

11. Rabid Robot

Rabid Robot Wrecker

Very true, but somehow that makes me like prowl. I hate him for what he does, but it makes him so unique. IDW... the best character design you can get.

12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Seems like they require some level of cooperation for a Combiner to work — examples of Combiners' minds failing are everywhere. We've got dumb Bruticus, berserker Menasor...

Them combining itself, I think should require some physical modifications to each bot. The idea that Transformers can just combine seems unsavory and kind of brings up questions on how the melding of the minds work, the mechanics behind them changing into something they don't have a model of, etc.

As for ideas? How about this: Autobot Investigative Team:

Hound
    Nightbeat
    Prowl

Prime themed ones would be pretty neat considering that in the upcoming toyline you can just enhance Combiners with whatever "Prime avatar." But screw the Prime avatar thing and just put one in the center through some reincarnation voodoo. Let me think of one: Solus Prime's Forgebots. These warriors unite under the banner of the great Prime with common themes of kindness, creation (and maybe a temper here and there...)

Solus Prime (Torso)
    Hound
    Arcee
    Firestar (okay, kind of skirting here. Forges having fire is the idea behind this.)
    Wheeljack

And I've got nothing after those three. There are a couple Combiner teams I have come up with through Combiner Wars and some plotting but under this premise, I find it hard to come up with anything.

13. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Hey, if anyone can become part of a combiner now, how about some giant robots combiners!

Autobots:
    Body -- Omega Supreme
    Arms -- Metroplex and Metrotitan
    Legs -- Fortress Maximus and Brave Maximus

Decepticons:
    Body -- Zarak Maximus - Transformers Wiki
    Arms -- Scorponok and Black Zarak
    Legs -- Trypticon and Gigastorm

Or a combiner... wait for it... of combiners!

Autobots:
    Body -- Raiden
    Arms -- Superion and Defensor
    Legs -- Computron and Landcross

Decepticons:
    Body -- Predaking
    Arms -- Abominus and Menasor
    Legs -- Devastator and Bruticus

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rabid Robot

Rabid Robot Wrecker

The one with metroplex and all those guys would be WAY to big to make into a toy so they wouldnt make him official. But the combiner out of combiner one would be cool. While i was at hascon some kid asked the panel(i forget which one)if they would think about making a combiner out of combiners and they said it would be cool but i dont think they sounded serious. I think it would be cool but to confusing. too many guys in one combiner, although d-voids decepticon gestalt and the ammonites pull it off.

15. madex

madex Well-Known Member

This combiner now with pots starscream we just need limbs!

Attached Files:

16. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    upload_2017-9-23_16-49-18.png

already been done my friend

• Like Like x 2
  17. madex

madex Well-Known Member

18. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Starscream: "Seekers, transform and merge into Genericus!!!"

On topic, I don't like the idea of naturally forming combiners because I don't think transformers should see combiners as natural. Personally, I think of them less as a metaphor for the power of teamwork and more as one for the Godzilla threshold; what boundaries are you willing to cross in the name of defeating your enemies?

Think about what actually happens to existing combiner groups:

Constructicons: A group of technical geniuses (and scrapper) merge into a dimwitted behemoth who only knows destruction.

Combaticons: A strategic master, a self preserving conman, a raging warrior, an elitist snob, and a madman merge into an emotionless golem unable to think beyond its orders.

Technobots: five neurotic scientists all led by a cowboy cop and their merged form is a computer who must analyze every scenario before acting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This doesn't explain the Stunticons, whom is ruled by fear and semi-oppression by Motormaster. In fact, according to their bios, the rest of the team resents Motormaster, yet they form Menasor ...

20. redwolfbear

Facebook:
    i believe the term is Stockholm syndrome and yah motormaster is that much of a unrepentant monster the guy could give overlord a run for his money in terms of psychological abuse I bet