any rumors of new systems?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ssjautobot, Jan 12, 2008.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    just like the titles suggests, are there any rumors of new game systems? ive been out of the loop for awhile

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not quite yet. Nintendo would be the only one we'd even come close to hearing from. Sony and Microsoft are banking on their systems lasting for a long time.

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'd say sometime late next year/early 2010 well hear some stuff. For now zip. Though I am sure there thinking about it.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Won't be long now.

SEGA will announce the Phoenix and will trounce everyone, just you wait and see.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It seems Microsoft is already planning theirs, since apparently they've moved one 360 game to whatever comes next.

6. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  7. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

PS4....I can only assume at some point in the future.

8. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    about 2035

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yeah, Microsoft's already got something planned, as an "unannounced first party 360 sequel" is being developed for the next system already.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Last I heard Nintendo is making no secrete they are developing a new system and want to be the first one out in the next generation but are stopping short of saying when that will be.

Sony is saying the PS3 will last for 10 years. I think they plan on supporting it for that long but will have a new system out long before then sort of like how stuff is coming out for PS2.

Microsoft is terrible at keeping secrets but excellent at denying things.

11. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Nintendo did file a patent last year on motion sensing technology in a portable game system. but that's portables. Next gen DS with tilt sensor maybe?

12. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I so want to play in a crowded area yelling and flailing my DS everywhere. I could see it now.:lol 

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Wonder what THAT could be :rolleyes: 

If it IS Halo then just...well I'll just say that (SPOILERS): The ending for Halo 3 would have been INFINITELY better and more meaninful if the MC stayed dead.

Will be something completely new. Nintendo has previously stated that they aren't following up the DS.

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah cause with the DS, if it failed, they didn't want it with the Gameboy name...

but seeing that it's doing real great, i think the next gen portable will most likely be follow-up to the DS but with the Gameboy name to it.

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I keep wondering if Nintendo will separate the handheld segment more with another system? Something like bringing back the Game Boy moniker with a PSP-esque multimedia device, and using the DS for games still yet encourage and market it's non-gaming capabilities? I doubt they'll let people forget the whole Game Boy name and let it DIE!

The Game Boy Pocket and later Color helped the company barely stay in the black during the N64 days thanks to games like Pokemon.

Microsoft HAD planned a portable gaming system, but due to BIG legal issues with the contracted company it tanked BADLY. I don't think that will stop Microsoft and I think they will (or are) developing a portable gaming system that will include Zune like functionality and better-then-PSP graphics quality in a similar form factor. I'd suspect the games would come on flash based media, and the device would have an iPod-esque micro-portable HDD in it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  16. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if some new company puts out the odd 16-bit handheld or something in the meantime.

17. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

The PS4 will probably be out somewhere around 2010 I'd guess, Sony may expect the PS3 to last ten years, but a five year cycle for new Hardware is likely to make sure they stay on the top of the technology wave.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a souped up Wii from Nintendo within two or three years. Its killing the other two systems in sales now, but eventually its going to falter, and the other two have the tech edge and versatility to last longer.

Microsoft can try with a handheld, but I honestly doubt they'll be able to dethrone Nintendo in that area any more then Sony could. Almost 20 years of portable experience (yep 1989 was the first) makes Nintendo hard to beat when it comes to portable gaming.

18. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    There is no way the ps4 will be out in two years. Sony needs the PS3 to last at least until 2012. And that's only a 5 year lifespan. I expect it to last longer then that.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Nintendo should re-release the SNES... :lol 

20. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The N64 was my favorite! I had 20 + games. I don't like the direction the new systems are going in. All this fast action and constant spinning camera angles makes me dizzy literally. I do enjoy the DS though, and I like all the classic releases for the GBA. Marble Madness is driving me nuts though. good times, good times. I really want them to remake/re-release Maniac Masion.