Any RotF/NEST/HftD toys sneaking onto your Classics shelves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Anguirus, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figured I'd toss this out there because I was looking over all my shelves today just trying to decide what I'd keep in a pinch. I figured I would consolidate into the Classics line if I had to get rid of a bunch, but then for some reason I started thinking about what movie designs really deserved to be kept even if I had no more "movie collection."

I mean, Bludgeon is an obvious example for me, as is Brakedown. RotF Lockdown's sort of been made G1 by IDW, but I know people were doing that anyway (he is a good rival/enemy for Drift). But then I started thinking that even Brawn and Swerve might look good hanging with my classics Autobots. Brawn doesn't really look "movie" except for his alt mode, and the head is at least a G1 toy homage. Swerve borrows the really sweet Movie Sideswipe design. I know this is bound to be an unpopular view, but the design of G1 Sideswipe does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever, so I'd be more likely to use Red Swordy McWheelFeet as my Sideswipe.

As far as actual movie characters, Long Haul is quite G1 inspired and just plain awesome to boot, and The Fallen technically is G1, being a multiversal thingy and all. (I even have the Burning version.)

Another one that might fit is Deluxe Brawl. Simplified a bit from the movie design, it's quite a good general Combaticon homage.

Oh, and I almost forgot Seaspray and Hubcap because they are just that bloody obvious. (More Seaspray, but Hubcap's head is just totally Classic-ish.) Haven't gotten Breacher yet but he's along the same lines IMO.

I expect many of us will be putting "yellow box" toys on our shelves in the near future (Windcharger!), but just thought I would get people's feelings on what they've offered so far. It even looks like NEST/HftD redecos will share a wave with Jazz and Tracks, of all things. I've liked the "hybrid" style ever since it first started showing up, but what do you guys think?

2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Some of them definitely are.

BUT movie shell-former no-balance sideswipe over classics sideswipe? :confused: 

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I don't separate my toys that much but I agree with Brawn; he doesn't look out of place with generations figures to me.

My other movie figures, Thrust,Sideswipe and Ejector, are just too movie-ish IMO to make them fit with classics. (maybe ejector is like the fallen, a multiversal toaster)

Legends Tankor fits pretty well, and so do all of my PCCs.

Animated just doesn't fit, they have to be by themselves.

4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    A repainted Seaspray is on its way. I also have Bludgeon w/ a new head, but I feel he stretches it a bit more than I'm comfortable.

Now, Grapple and Windcharger will be added without a moments hesitation.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    There are a few that have (Bludgeon, Mindwipe, Lockdown, and Seaspray), but overall, no.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I have quite a few in my Classics shelves.

On the Autobot side, I've got
    the Ice Cream Twins
    Hubcap
    Chevy Swerve
    Seaspray and Breacher
    Slapdash (as a mutant Wheelie)
    (Tomahawk would probably be here if I had him)

And way more with the Decepticons
    Bludgeon
    Mindwipe and Skystalker
    Deadlift (with Fracture and Bugbite for Gobots fun)
    Oil Pan (I mainly bought him to give Universe Countdown a rival, since he looks like G1 Skystalker)
    Lockdown, Brimstone, Trenchmouth, Ransack (these guys are in a fan-faction with some G2 molds, lead by Black Convoy)
    Wreckage, Bonecrusher, Terradive, Hailstorm (these guys are in Straxus' faction)

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Sure. Bludgeon, Seaspray, Hubcap and Breacher all currently stand with my Classics.

Can't figure out what to do with Tomahawk. He's predominantly Classics-styled, but I haven't decided which section of the Classics shelves to add him to yet.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think I'll be adding Tomahawk to Ultra Magnus' gang (currently have him leading year 2s and onward). I'm still trying to decide about Breacher.

9. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't put my displays back together yet, but Seaspray and Breacher will join Blaster, reissue Perceptor (replaced when Generations version comes out), Powerglide, Cosmos, Warpath, and Beachcomber as "Blaster's Team".

Straxus is with the Insecticon reissues and Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge.

Bludgeon is with Mindwipe, Skystalker, Botcon Banzai-Tron, Darkwing, and Botcon Dreadwind.

Deathsauras is with Leozack, Terradive, and Hailstorm.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have Banzaitron with my movie TF's. Good opponent for Battle Blades Prime. Bludgeon is with my Classics.

Seaspray is with my Classics, and will use Breacher, and possibly Hubcap with them too.

Mindwipe I keep with movie figures. Highbrow I'll use with movie...with the tatoos and Lockheed WWII alt mode...it fits in more with the movie than Classics IMHO. If it were Classics, it ought to have a futuristic alt mode that either builds upon the original, or looks more futuristic. In my toyverse, Highbrow was one of the original seekers who came to earth and like Jetfire, made the decision to turn Autobot but did so before Jetfire.

11. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yes.

I'm also considering moving some of my BotCon figures into it.

At the rate it's going I'll need 2 shelving units for them. At least I've got an upcoming re-arrange to get it all sorted out.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Tomahawk, Seaspray, Breacher, Hubcap, and Whirl, have together with Hardhead (walmart universe exl.) made for a cool. Wreckers style team.

these newer autobots really work on characterful headsculpts, sharper more intentional lines, and Intuitive Transformations that are'nt a hassle.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seaspray has gone on the Classics shelves (bookcase?!) but that's it for now - with Generations merging into the yellow boxes after December, new TFs will go wherever they look appropriate.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Bludgeon is the most promiment example of this, but Movie 1 Mudflap made it into my Classics shelves as Erector after a little faction swaping

15. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

Not currently, but tempted to put HFTD Banzaitron with Classics. After all, the Bludegon sculpt was supposed to be in the Universe line.

16. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Just Bludgeon so far.

I also have TakTomy Seaspray on order, so he'll be next to Powerglide on my 85 Classics shelf.

17. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Bludgeon, Brakedown, Seaspray, Lockdown...and probably one or two more I'm forgetting...with my Classics now.

When Firetrap arrives tomorrow, he's instantly being reassigned as Classics Brawn.

18. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Just Bludgeon, Lockdown, Deadlift (renamed Spoons) and Reverb (renamed Inferno) for now. I'm thinking about repainting Brawn and putting him in with my Classics as Ironfist. But I just might wait 'til Fallback comes out, as that'll be easier to repaint. I also had ROTF Breakdown/Brakedown in with my Classics until I decided I was going to wait for Generations Red Alert to come out. Gonna repaint that and give it a new head instead.

Highbrow will be with my Classics as the Go-bot Bolt. Sea Spray and Breacher, Tomahawk and Terradive will also go in with my Classics.

Everything else is just too "Movie" to me. They don't fit as well as the bots I just listed.

19. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Let's see:
    Bludgeon
    Hailstorm
    Mindwipe
    Skystalker
    Ransack
    Divebomb
    Lockdown
    Breakdown
    Brimstone
    PCC Smolder
    Hubcap
    Seaspray
    Breacher
    PCC Searchlight
    Scattorshot
    PCC Huffer

Will add:

Highbrow
    Tomahawk
    Terradive
    Banzaitron
    Grapple
    windcharger
    new PCC Tank
    new PCC plane

I'm sure I'm forgetting some as-of-yet unreleased stuff, but that's what I can think of right now.

20. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I don't have a G1 classics shelf so no...

If I did I would definitely add some ROTF/HFTD figures to it though.