Any resources for filling holes in RotF's story?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ultimate Matt X, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    As there is the same amount of (lack of) support for any explanation in the movie proper, it's best to assume the most sensical one. (I think it's pretty obvious why the animatronic explanation didn't make it into the movie)

Anyone else thinking of Schrodinger's Cat right about now?

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I wouldn't call it a plothole either. Just one of the better examples of bad writing. Look at all the new characters introduced and they're just there. Not even the slightest attempt at explaining why the characters are at their locations. It really shows how the characters were created with specific situations in mind first, then written into the plot. They weren't created for the story, they were shoehorned into the story.

The Fallen- An Emperor Palpatine character, that magically appears into the story after Megatron is revived.

Alice- the "pretender" concept thrown into Princeton.

The Constructicons have two scenes- first, they just happen to be waiting on ship in alternate mode that was sailing directly over the spot where Megatron is buried. Of all the luck.

Second, they just happen to be in the desert again waiting in alternate mode for Simmons and Leo to drive pass them.

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    But again, you have to assume. You are guessing and that is the whole point! The movie didn't provide it for you and that is bad story telling. Plot holes baby! This movie is full of them.

And just because you can think of logical answers doesn't mean that they are OK, especially when there is evidence that the writers weren't thinking along those lines at all. And you don't KNOW why the animatronic explanation was cut. You are ASSUMING why. For all we know it was cut for time. There is none, zero, evidence to support the "Alice was a student replaced by Decepticons." Yes, if I was writing it, that is what I would have done, but I didn't and the writers seemed to be going in the dumb way. We can't escape that, no matter how much we want to.

And yet, the fact that there is no explanation for Alice makes that plot hole even larger than the fact that there was a bad one.

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    ^^^^^and that's the difference between wanting to like the movie, and not wanting to like it. I want to like it, so I fill in my own explanations when needed in order for my rational brain to get over all the little details and inconsistencies that are in the movie.

You have given up and don't want to enjoy it anymore. You just want to be angry. And beyond that, you don't want us to enjoy it either.

5. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    At what point did I say I didn't want to enjoy the movie? Just because I think its a poorly done movie and a horrible example of storytelling doesn't mean I didn't like it. I just am not making fan fiction to try and explain the many many MANY plot holes big enough for Devastator to walk through easily.

I like a LOT of bad movies (much to my wife's annoyance). It takes a lot for me to NOT like a movie (way to fail there Wolverine!) but that doesn't mean I can't be aware of how terrible said films are!

I am sorry that I have an opinion different than yours, but I thought this was a message board, where people come to discuss things they disagree on. But I certainly dont' want you to not enjoy a film. I am not trying to make anyone change their opinion on the film. I just was stating my own opinion on one particular plot hole and why assuming something that isn't supported by the film in any way doesn't make sense when there is evidence that the writers were not thinking anywhere along the line.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mighty Dean of Admission, as your loyal and faithful servant I humbly request you consider Alice Deceptismith for enrollment in your exemplary university. I assure you, All Mighty Dean of Admission, that miss Deceptismith will display the utmost loyalty and obedience to your every command.

If it pleases you, Mighty Dean of Admission, I might list the illustrious career highlights of miss Deceptismith.

*Obeyed orders without even thinking of killing her superior in Deceptihigh School.

*Obeyed orders without even thinking of killing her superior in Deceptigrade School.

*Obeyed orders in Deceptikindergarden.

Tell me, oh Wise and Mighty Dean of Admission, is this not the perfect fleshling for your infallible institute of learning?

I await your reply.

Where is his reply? THE DEAN OF ADMISSION HAS FALLEN! I, STARSCREAM, AM YOUR NEW DEAN OF ADMISSION!

Sincerly,
    Your loyal servant Starscream

7. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    WIN!

8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My mistake. I guess we're of pretty much the same opinion on the movie, we just differ on how we "deal" with it.

Also, SS's recommendation letter is fucking hilarious!

9. Sgt-mike-larry

Sgt-mike-larry Well-Known Member

Which he would reply Lord starscream im pleased to let you know i have thought this through deeply, i do presume that she follows the 3 laws of robotics?

1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2.A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.