any regrets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Dec 11, 2010.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

have anyone ever sold off their collection or part of their collection and regretted it later? I'm asking because I was think about selling some of my TF but I might regret it later.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Another one of those questions that have been asked before.
    Yes, Ive recently sold a mint condition G1 Hound, and an E-Hobby's Starscream's Ghost.
    The Ghost I regret more than Hound because I got him at a good price and I haven't seen that price since then.
    Hope when I'm ready for another one, I can get it for a descent price.

Also regret selling WST Skywarp, but it was at the time I thought I was getting out of the hobby so, oh well...................

3. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    If you got a good TF for a good price, you will regret it later.

4. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

Always keep a small group of core TFs.... I sold off my cybertron and movie collection but kept my G1s, reissues. and classics...no regrets

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes because money was scarce at the time (it is now but I'm not on the border of homelessness now days).

I mean I had a megatron and they were going pretty cheap back then..now, fuhget about it.

The bigger regrets was being forced to toss the ones I had as a kid in the trash. My dad was an asshat. Luckily with the exception of Gnaw ,and a lame pretender I don't really want, I have all my childhood ones back in the form of reissues.

6. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    I regret giving my Beast Wars toys for some gundams...

7. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I sold off some of my G1 collection when I was young and not that interested in TF's anymore. My parents were so upset that I did, and I truly regret it now, however, I still have at least a couple boxes full at their place since the mid 80's. I'm going to look them over during the holidays and feel like a kid again, can't wait ! :drool:  My advice is if you have figures that are hard to come by, especially G1 originals or rare exclusives, hang on to them and learn from others like myself.

8. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I sold almost all my TFs in the Summer/Fall of 2009 and don't regret it one bit. I did keep a handful or favorites like the Technobots, Metroplex, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus. The only one I regret getting rid of was my Purple Galvatron. But those TFs had been sitting on shelves not getting touched for years... and I ended up with a life size Bumblebee in the end. :) 

9. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

if this has been asked before I'm sorry.

10. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

well, y'all can help me find out by buying off my stuff, haha.

11. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

A few years ago, I sold the vast majority of my G1 Transformers collection. As much as I liked and still like G1, I don't regret selling them.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Lots of regrets. it sucks to know that some will never come back.

13. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

i totally regret selling my G1 Predaking to my cousin when i was a teen. I didn't regret it until many years later, of course.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    There's a few I regret not selling back when I could've got a good price for them.

15. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never sold any so I got no regrets...now not buying something when it was out I have a few. Energon Beachcomber, Energon Omega Sentinal, and Classics Devastator to name a few. Universe Hardhead and Red Powerglide would be another two but thanks to TJ Maxx they are no longer the case.

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I REGRET NOTHING
    Except for buying an incomplete Ruination. I forgot how much of a hassle it is to find combiner parts.

17. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I regret wasting money on rotf figures. I've wised up since then and only buy MPs,third party or G1 reissues.

18. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little over a year ago I decided I was getting out of collecting and I sold of my entire Classics collection including Rodimus and Fansproject Superion...worst decision ever. About a month and a half later I changed my mind and have been trying to rebuild ever since.

NEVER SELL OFF YOUR CLASSICS COLLECTION...YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER. At least that's my opinion I know of several people who have done this too and rebuiliding always costs more than what you sold them for.

The way Hasbro and the third party companies are cranking out Classics (CHUG, RTS... whatever) it doesn't look lile this line is going to be over anytime soon.

19. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I miss my X-9 ravage and especially Brave Max

20. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I don't even wanna think about how much money I wasted on Trilogy & Bayverse figures and when I finally came to my senses, I realised no one wanted them so they ended up being donated to various charities. So my big regret is not investing that wasted money on G1s in the first place. I could have owned a Fort Max by now... :lol