Any problems with Henkei Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Knightdramon, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I've read and re-read the same complaints but from different people about Universe Galvatron, here's my story about the henkei version.

After paying through the nose for customs and waiting over a month to receive the items I paid express shipping for, I got what I thought was a defective Henkei Galvatron.

All joints were moderately tight, but the cannon's ball joint was so loose it wasn't funny. After taking it out [only noticed the looseness on the second transformation] I tried applying glue to stiffen the joint but to no avail. So I sent him back.

Today I received a second henkei galvatron, and he had the same LOOSE cannon. I cursed all creation for it [all other joints were very tight], tried to transform him without separating the turret halves but it hindered articulation.

So I transformed it the correct way and...the cannon is as tight as the other joints. It holds it's position without jiggling at all.

What's the catch? Is the ball joint always more hollow than needed, but there's a way to lock it in place in robot mode that I'm unaware of?

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hadn't noticed the looseness on the cannon with mine, but yes, when you have everything locked together correctly, it does secure the cannon against the arm in a very stable manner.

3. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    I had Galvatron in my hands the day it came out, over here in Osaka.
    I was surprised by the low level of quality. Although I didn't have the problems Knightdramon had, my Galvy's head was cocked to one side, enough that it irritated me and it took a few hours to lodge a very small piece of paper clip under his head to prop it up so that it looked even.

I noticed the retailer had dropped the price of Henkei Galvatron down from 2200 Yen to 1500 Yen (about 15 bucks USD) a week after it came out. I wondered if he had complaints about the quality.

On a somewhat related note, while first transforming ol' Galvy, my mistake I set off the rocket on his arm cannon which blasted the surface of my LCD computer monitor, causing it to slowly and surely pixelbleed itself to death...:banghead:  watch out with his cannon! The spring is waaaaaay too strong I think.

I have to admit he goes look sweet in robot mode, but it should have been a voyager class, same height as Classics Megatron and Optimus.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't have henkei, but universe and my cannon was really loose as well, I thought mine was broke till i noticed that there is accually two places for the ball joint to fit into. Once i put it in the right spot everything was ok and tight. Hope this helps.

5. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Yes, one particular problem: Chrome.

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only looseness I found in my Henkei Galvatron was his left arm, in both the shoulder and elbow joints. Contrary to yours, mine had a really stiff canon, and it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to transform it out of alt. mode without breaking the turret. The head/chest panel is also fairly loose; I'm not sure if it's supposed to click into anything, and the only thing keeping it in place in robot mode in a small ledge underneath the chest plate.

It's an interesting figure, but as people have said before, it could be larger. Even though the chrome isn't great and clashes with the grey plastic that is predominant in alt. mode, I'd rather have a figure without those nasty orange joints and a more cartoon-accurate deco.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I had the same thing with mine and thought I'd just got a really crappy one. Once I realised the ball had actually just popped out of the socket and into the channel next to it it was a simple matter of just pushing it back in. I think many people get this problem because it's a struggle to get the gun out of the turret first time because the instructions don't tell you the best way to do it so all the pushing and pulling pops the ball out of the socket and you're left with a loose cannon and thinking it's just really bad QC.

8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I have the Hasbro version, the cannon joint is loose as hell.

9. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Mine has a somewhat loose left arm as well, in both shoulder and elbow joints, but it's not noticeable compared to the loose cannon.

Head sliding mechanism is also a tad flimsy, but still doesn't matter.

I want to transform him again to check out the ball joint mechanism but I'm afraid it'll end up like my old one. I don't think BBTS will accept a SECOND return of the same figure.

10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree 100% i yanked it out the first time....then realised it didnt fit well so i put it where it was supposed to be...now its snug and stays in place

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  11. lobsterclaw

lobsterclaw Well-Known Member

I ordered a Hasbro Galvatron online... before I read all these bad reviews. Uh oh.
    The kibble hanging off him in the back does look ridiculous, but I hope I get one with good joints.

I didn't really want to buy G, but I wanted Sideswipe or Sunstreaker and hasbrotoyshop was the cheapest place I can find. I wanted to buy a 2nd figure to spread out the shipping cost, and I didn't want to get both Sunstreaker and Sideswipe since they are the same mold, so I settled on G by default. It was either him or Ironhide.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sideswipe has enough different from Sunstreaker to make him a worthy 'second' puchase. Even me with my general dislike of repaints picked up Sidey to stand with Sunny and wasn't disappointed. :)