Any problems with AgesThreeandUp.com?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Jeremy.B, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought a KO Brave Fort Max from them on 4-7-2007 through Ebay. I have yet to receive it. I emailed and called them, with no luck (the guy on the phone said they only answer through email, and they are in CA). When I went to look the item up on ebay, through my payment history in PayPal, it says it has been removed and no longer exists. Any idea why this is? I cannot find any trace of this transaction other than the payment to the through PayPal. Have you guys had this problem with this particular company or Ebay in general?

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Apparently they're swamped. Paid 3 weeks ago for a C. Evac, nothing yet.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    problems? hell no. spencer is an awesome guy.

Just e-mail him, he'll take care of it.

4. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'v used them in the past with no problems, but not recently. As for the E-Bay thing... Weird.

5. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I emailed Spencer, no reply, had to go through the other guy, he said they shipped my stuff early last week, but...

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can understand being behind, and I also understand it takes time for something to ship from Canada to Alabama, but still...the Ebay thing kinda weirds me out though. Have never seen that happen before. I emailed Spencer (thanks for the heads up) and I am sure he will get back to me. Thank goodness I have the history of the transaction through Paypal.

7. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    He's in Toronto right now btw.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Good to know, I ordered some Takara BeastWars Re-issues from them this week, I'll make sure I have my patience cap on for the next little while. Although they arent far from me so I'm sure as soon as they get shipped I'll be seeing them show up quick-like. :) 

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't bought anything from them but Spencer seems like an honest fella from his posts. Check out the Gundam thread...it would be a shock for me if there's anything amiss!

10. JunkersHVN

JunkersHVN Well-Known Member

I think they post some stuff on ebay for other people. I've seen some non-store items listed that said they were in various cities in the US. I tried ordering from their website, but when I try to pay by PayPal, it says their PayPal account is not available. Maybe they're having some problems with PayPal or something.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Hmmmm... I've ordered from A3U in the past, with no real problems. Now I have another largish order pending from them, which was taking a while. I e-mailed and eventually got a response that he had needed to get one of the items out of storage, but the order was on it's way now...

That was about 2 weeks ago. It's shipping within Canada, so it probably shouldn't take too long, but nothing has arrived yet. I'm gonna check back with them if it doesn't arrive after this weekend. I find that Spencer (&co) are a bit slow to respond to e-mails, but I'm not really worried... yet.

I believe Spencer posted a response recently on this forum, in which he explained he was having problems with Paypal/Ebay.

UPDATE: My order arrived on Monday! However, there was a mix-up with some of the items in the order. Considering what I've heard about A3U being swamped, I can forgive that as long as he doesn't wait too long to put it right. :) 

zmog

12. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Spencer is a cool guy and doubt he would stiff anyone. He probably just got delayed shipping because he was getting ready for the Con.

I had the same thing happen. I just paid by CC.

13. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

I just recently bought from him too. The only nitpick I had was I never knew my package was shipped or got a tracking number until I emailed him back about 2 weeks after I'd paid. By that time, the package was nearly on my door.

He does do a great job packing the items and his prices are great, though. I've added him to my bookmarks of favorite online shops and would buy from him again.

14. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

The only issue I have is that it's taking so long for MP-05 to get to them and obviously for it to get shipped out.

I read Spencer's replies to explain this, but the fact remains that every other seller has received and shipped out MP-05 despite the fact that most of the other sellers are on the other side of the continent from Japan and Vancouver is not.

The website also stated that they would receive MP-05 at the end of April but any email I sent asking if this was still the case has not been returned. Now I am sure he is getting swamped with the same question, but that should be expected given how long it's taking for the product to be sent out. And given that this is the last day of the month with absolutely no update, I'm getting serious doubts that MP-05 will be on it's way to us anytime soon.

Long story short, I am sure from all the feedback here that Spencer is a great guy and that I will eventually get MP-05, but this wait has left me really regretting that I pre-ordered from Ages Three and Up and will most likely lead me to avoid using them in the future.

15. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I won an eBay auction from A3U recently, and even though their account was suspended on eBay I still recieved my item. Spencer even responded pretty fast to my e-mails.

16. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    A3U had their MP-05s shipped by boat, that's why it takes so long.

17. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I realize that - but by the looks of it either the other retailers didn't or they got a faster boat service (although I'm not sure if such a thing exists).

Again, I honestly don't think Spencer is a bad guy and I do feel sorry for the contant amount of questioning he's probably getting over this, but the bottom line is that I would have just taken my chances getting a plugged version had I known it would take so long for it just to get shipped to A3AU, let alone show up in my hands.

18. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I think I remember Spencer saying he had like 250+ MP-05s on order (maybe even more?), so to ship such a huge lot airmail would cost him a fortune. I can understand that the wait is frustrating when you see all the ones that are out now.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have a Black Widow from A3U waiting for pickup at UPS right now. Stuck at work. :( 

20. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Kinda funny how most folks went with them b/c of the guarantee of no orange plug. Now that the myth has been busted people are still waiting for their shipments to arrive.