Any Pi Kappa Alpha members?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heat Guy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im a pledge of Epsilon Omega Chapter and was wondering if theres any members or allumni on here. Figured Id branch out a bit.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No.

But one of my friends used to get mad if people said "frat" instead of "fraternity." He'd say, "You wouldn't call your country a cunt, would you?" That used to make me laugh.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was part of Delta Sigma Pi so any members here on the board? :D 

Sorry to hijack the thread btw.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    :lolol  I'll remember that one.

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I dated an Alpha Phi.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I almost rushed Pike in college. My best friend from college is a Pike.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm gonna go and pop my collar, get in my Rav4 and pimp over to the frat house to play some Halo on the X-box and then later I'm going to a kegger and do it with a passed out chick. Remember, if they can't say no, it's not rape.

Yeah, well, my only experience with frats etc is through le television. In particular, Grssk. Clark Duke FTW.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I had a friend who used to say this all the time. It made me want to punch him in the face. No, I don't call my country a cunt, but I do use dozens of other abbreviations that are commonly used in the English language and that everyone understands. I don't call exams "examinations" either, even though that's the actual proper term, because I'd look like a douchebag saying a five syllable word over and over when a one syllable abbreviation is the commonly used alternative that everyone recognizes.

Fraternity brothers are offended by the connotation of date raping, drunken idiots throwing Animal House style parties that "frat" symbolizes. But the thing is, in spite of all the respectable good things that Greek organizations do in the community, that reputation is usually well deserved. They get offended because people act like they're a bunch of dumb rich jocks who only care about keggers and banging sorority girls, and then they throw parties that are exactly about those things. I never really did understand the whole thing to be honest. If they want to do those things fine (well, except for the rape part), we can still be friends, but damn man, stop riding my ass about saying "frat" when you just got done telling me how you had alcohol poisoning last weekend.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tell me how you REALLY feel :D 

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

While I am not disputing what you said, not all of the fraternities are like that. Hell I kinda wish mine was the party frat but it isn't. It's a Business Fraternity that was reported by one of the members for excessive hazing so when I pledged (and later joined), nothing outrageous happened. That means no hazing, drinking, partying, or whatever you can think that fraternities do.

11. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I get offended at the stereotype because I was in a social fraternity and it nothing like that, none of the fraternities at my school were.

In the end, it depends on what school you go to and what chapter you are part of. I was always surprised at how different chapters were as you went from school to school. Some were jocks, nerds, preppy, pot heads, etc.... My chapter had no overall group, it was just a mixture of guys which appealed to me.

Some of my friends back home said I was "buying" my friends, another stereotype I don't care for. Usually those people have a limited experience from fraternities and get their knowledge from movies and TV.

Again, my experience was different, I went to a small college where there was about 70% greek. I think most other schools are only 25-30%.