Any owners of MISB eHobby Kiss Player Cassettes 3pack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kmoua7, Apr 9, 2010.

1. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the 3pack with repaint of Eject/Rewind, Ravage and Lazerbeak.

I ordered this from a seller on Amazon and received a box that is clearly previously opened. The tape has been cut and a smaller generic tape was put on over the cut tape but peeled off and the box flap has bents and creases indicating that the box has been indeed been opened. The contents however doesn't look to be opened although the tape is also a bit loose on the plastic tray and the Lazerbeak repaint looks a little mistransformed, could just be manufacturing error.

The seller told me that they were all manufactured with the tape cut and re-taped. I somehow doubt that but anyway, was just wondering if anyone owned or has owned a box uncut and truly misb. Thank for your help.

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

For quality contol purposes sometimes a small amount of boxes will be pulled from a production line, opened, and checked.

The fact that the tape mismatches however may suggest it was not resealed at the factory.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Actually, Takara products have a long history of having double taped boxes having been cut at one point or another. Even direct product without second hand dealers having moved it will see this happen. These products are still considered to be MISB.

Also, MISB means different things in different parts of the world. When the book style reissues came out, Japanese retailers were displaying them by opening the box, removing the clear tray, and placing it on the box. They'd close it up later on and still consider it to be MISB.

There's a good article out there (that may have been lost in the GeoCities ether) that explains how MISB is viewed in different places.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I bought the Sunstorm/Hauler pair sealed in their 'mailer box'. I opened the mailer box, but never opened the individual boxes. When I decided to sell them, I noticed Hauler was double-taped. I never did that & since I got them sealed in the mailer box, I assume it had to be a factory thing... :confused: 

5. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

My box had only one tape (well actually it had 3 tapes in the box too, the cassettes themselves) it looked legit enough. I opened mine though. I had to see the saviour of G1 in all her glory irl.

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I dont remember if mine specifailly was double taped, but its pretty common to get MISB stuff double taped from Japan.

Good lad.

7. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I know that there are a bunch out there that are double taped by the manufacturer but the second tape just didn't look right. It didn't match the original tape and looked more like someone just tape it over. And the fact that he said they were ALL made that way didn't make any sense. Oh well, in the end they are still just toys and should be enjoyed and not stressed over. Life's stressful enough, we don't need our hobby to be too. Thanks everyone.