Any one up for a Rescue bots combiner?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slochmoeller, Sep 18, 2016.

1. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

So, I've been doing something lately I'd never done: watching through Rescue bots. Actually a pretty solid show. And while I had gotten the main cast rescue bots toys some time ago, I started wishing for more complicated toys of the characters.

But then I thought, why not do something more fun? why not a Rescue bots combiner retooled from the CW protectobots? It's pretty straightforward actually. Hotspot becomes heatwave, Streetwise becomes Chase, Blades becomes...Blades. Boulder is trickier, but Rook could make a fine Boulder. I guess first aid would have to round things out as Medicbot, but I wouldn't mind him as just first aid. He was the only one of the original protectobots who had a personality anyway.

And no, I don't know who the Gestalt would be. I'm basically starting to feel that the rescue bots are the protectobots done right, so this would appeal to me.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'd be up for it. I watch Rescue Bots with my 4-year-old, and you're right, it's a solid kids' show. I'd certainly enjoy the characters getting folded into the broader TF universe more (though if you export them out of the Prime/RiD continuity, you might have to address the issue of Blades and Chase having redundant character names). As for a combiner, all your picks sound good to me. For Boulder, you could use the Nosecone remold of Rook, and just replace the drill with a blade. I guess you could also use Brawl, to get the tread-arms, but, well.... Brawl is sort of an unpopular figure.

For Blades, you could potentially even avoid having to do a head remold, and just repaint Stormclash from Victorion. Her head already somewhat resembles Blades, with the goggles and ear-things.

For the fifth figure, Medix would work. You could also do Blurr from Mirage, though it would feel wrong having him there without Salvage.

Aside from a combiner, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rescue Bots done as scout-class figures with drivers (like Wheelie, Bumblebee, etc.) somewhere down the line. It would be a nice feature if, like in the show, the drivers could remain inside while they were in robot mode.

3. slochmoeller

I'm actually starting a project of modding Streetwise into Chase using a head I found on Shapeways. Depending on how it goes, I'd like to do the others too.

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love a Rescue Bots combiner or any Generations release.

5. slochmoeller

This issue has come up with the Animated characters too, particularly Animated prowl, who many would like to see folded into G1, but he's at odds with the existing prowl. Similar with Animated Sentinel Prime, but if you take hiss main character trait as being super arrogant, the movie and Idw sentinels seem to fit in too.