any one sick of the "guest star" thing Spoilers Alert!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by bignick1693, Mar 5, 2011.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    For anyone who does not understand what i mean by guest star i mean characters who been on the show for 1 episode and then dies or just leaves.
    Examples cliff dies in the 1st episode unless you count the zombie.
    skyquake dies? is hurt really bad?
    wheeljack goes home.
    I am just sick off it right know. but hey we still have future episodes for them to comeback.

2. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

5 episodes into the series. Watch the first five episodes of Animated. The same thing happens there. We have the Megs head, but no Decepticon turns up more then once.

3. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    Transformers "animated had the same thing. it just lasted for mor than an episode

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Show take time to build up. With a cgi show, their building up charcters and scenery on a budget. When the season ends, they will use all the accets they have so far for one big battle for the finale. Then season two will be bigger and have more going on than the previous season.

5. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watch other previous Transformers shows, and really, you'll see Prime is doing a good job. Its introducing new characters to add variety and please the fan base who are constantly wanting "X" to be in the show and at the same time these new additions aren't sticking around too long and stealing character development from the others who are still new to us. It's also more preferable if they get killed off or I guess in Wheeljack's case continue on their journey away from where the story is set. I don't like when they appear then disappear then reappear and then disappear again like Blackarachnia and the Dinobots did in Animated or appear in one episode and then stand in the background for the remainder of the show like several characters in G1.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The guest appearances are working out in ways that they haven't been utilized before. Each guest appearance is helping flesh out an already-known cast member. Example would be Wheeljack shedding more light on Bulkhead, Skyquake shedding more light on Optimus Prime and Starscream, Cliffjumper giving us some "emotion" out of Arcee, etc.

Just be patient - I'm sure we'll get someone new to the team eventually, or at least a regular, reoccuring role (think Beast Wars with Airrazor and Tigertron).

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Better they flesh out our main five instead of automatically adding new characters right off the bad.

Wheeljack's already filling out the Tigatron role by not being with the main cast but also not being dead. Hell, they even kept saying "Hey always comes back." "I'll be back..." "etc."

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If it happens a few more times maybe I'll grow a little tired of it, but not yet. As said the "guest" characters work to flesh out the existing ones.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I agree wit this observation of these guest stars.

The Clancy Brown character showed how determined Fowler is and how he is similar to Optimus.

I hope there's a new Autobot who stays wit h our group ans well as a Con won't go down like a wimp.

10. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. I'm not sick of it. I'm sick of people bitching about it, though.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This. It's not like TFP is the first Transformers show to introduce this concept. If ind it odd that TFP seems be catching way more slack than past shows did for the same thing.

Also, as it's already been pointed out, we're only four episodes into this first twenty-six episode season, and have another one on it's way after this. Let's wait and see how the show pans out.

I just hope that the TFP discussion doesn't develop into something similar to how the Movie discussion...

12. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Wait till people bitching about the lack of character development/spotlight/whatever of the regular casts when more characters come in

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just to split hairs we're 9 episodes into the season.

I'm just greatful Wheeljack wasn't slagged.

14. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Would I rather have the same character turn up in three episodes or three new characters?

The one that brings me more toys is the answer.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While I agree that it's still early and lots of series have done the same thing, there is a part of me that wouldn't mind the pattern getting broken soon.

As much as I love this take on Starscream I wouldn't mind a few more characters on the Decepticon side.

In an odd way I also regret that the Autobots have the bridge and the Decepticons have the ship. Might have been cooler if the Autobots and Decepticons had teams all over the world so that you could like Wheeljack was bashing Cons in Europe instead of off who knows where.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

That's how they should do Wheeljack, call upon when they need re-inforcement.

17. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

my biggest problem is them killing off Cliff in the first episode.

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can't confirm it, but as far as I'm concerned, the five episodes that make up Darkness Rising aren't a part of the first season's twenty-six episode count. We'll just have to wait and see, but everything I've read points to Darkness Rising being separate from season 1. I'll be surprised if the DVD that comes with the "Entertainment Pack" isn't Darkness Rising edited together into a movie.

19. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or are people just pining for things to bitch about the best TF series since BW? Seriously. :inquisiti 

20. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sick of it yet, I think the Autobot cast is pretty large, all things considering for a CGI show on a budget. Not having more Autobots gives us the chance to expand upon the personalities of the existing characters, and so far they're doing an admirable job, in my opinion. Prime has quite a fleshed out team that will only get better, if Animated is any indication.

However, while it's still not too bad, I agree with Ash from Carolina that a bigger Decepticon cast would be nice. In fact, they probably need add only one to flesh it out more, so Starscream wouldn't need to be talking to himself all the time. With the rumors of
    Breakdown
    I think there's little to worry about. :)